Chattanooga metropolitan area
The Chattanooga, TN-GA Metropolitan Statistical Area, as defined by the United States Office of Management and Budget, is an area consisting of six counties – three in southeast Tennessee (Hamilton, Marion, and Sequatchie) and three in northwest Georgia (Catoosa, Dade, and Walker) – anchored by the city of Chattanooga. As of the 2010 census, the MSA had a population of 528,143. This metropolitan area traverses two time zones.
- Catoosa County, Georgia (ET)
- Dade County, Georgia (ET)
- Hamilton County, Tennessee (ET)
- Marion County, Tennessee (CT)
- Sequatchie County, Tennessee (CT)
- Walker County, Georgia (ET)
Places with more than 150,000 inhabitants
- Chattanooga, Tennessee (Principal city)
Places with 10,000 to 25,000 inhabitants
- East Brainerd, Tennessee
- East Ridge, Tennessee
- Middle Valley, Tennessee (CDP)
- Red Bank, Tennessee
- Soddy-Daisy, Tennessee
- Collegedale, Tennessee
Places with 5,000 to 10,000 inhabitants
- Fairview, Georgia (CDP)
- Fort Oglethorpe, Georgia
- Harrison, Tennessee (CDP)
- LaFayette, Georgia
- Rock Spring, Georgia
- Signal Mountain, Tennessee
Places with 1,000 to 5,000 inhabitants
Places with less than 1,000 inhabitants
- Bakewell, Tennessee
- Birchwood, Tennessee
- Haletown, Tennessee
- Hixson, Tennessee
- Kensington, Georgia
- Villanow, Georgia
- Rising Fawn, Georgia
- Wildwood, Georgia
As of the census of 2010, there were 528,143 people, 189,607 households, and 132,326 families residing within the MSA. The racial makeup of the MSA was 83.14% White, 13.90% African American, 0.30% Native American, 0.97% Asian, 0.05% Pacific Islander, 0.61% from other races, and 1.03% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 1.49% of the population.
The median income for a household in the MSA was $44,197, and the median income for a family was $40,841. Males had a median income of $30,985 versus $22,305 for females. The per capita income for the MSA was $17,414.
Combined Statistical Area
The Chattanooga-Cleveland-Athens, TN-GA Combined Statistical Area is made up of six counties in southeast Tennessee and three counties in northwest Georgia. The statistical area includes the Chattanooga Metropolitan Statistical Area, Cleveland Metropolitan Statistical Area, and the Athens Micropolitan Statistical Area.
- Tennessee census statistical areas
- List of cities and towns in Tennessee
- Georgia statistical areas
- List of municipalities in Georgia (U.S. state)
- "Census of Population and Housing: Decennial Censuses". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved March 4, 2012.
- "U.S. Census website". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.