The place got its name from the famous Chaturbhuj Sthan Temple located there.
The area has a problem with sex trafficking. RT TV released documentaries featuring the hopes and fears of Muzaffarpur's red light slaves. The title of the documentary was "Dance Sex Dance - The story of an Indian street".
- "Rani Begum, ex-courtesan, now helps heal the lives of her sisters". OutlookIndia.com. Retrieved 25 June 2016.
- "Even sex workers did not lag behind in human chain formation - Times of India". IndiaTimes.com. Retrieved 19 December 2017.
- Nair, P. M.; Sen, Sankar (2005). Trafficking in Women and Children in India. Orient Blackswan. pp. 366–367. ISBN 9788125028451.
- "Dance, sex, dance. The Story of an Indian Street. The hopes & fears of Muzaffarpur's red light sex slaves". RT.com. Retrieved 19 December 2017.
- "Bihar Diary: Dying art, forgotten voters - Muzaffarpur's Mujra Girls". m.IndiaToday.in. Retrieved 19 December 2017.
|This Bihar-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|