Chaudhary Charan Singh International Airport
|Chaudhary Charan Singh International Airport
चौधरी चरण सिंह अंतर्राष्ट्रीय हवाई अड्डा
چودھری چرن سنگھ بین الاقوامی ہوائی اڈا
Partial image of CCS International Airport
|IATA: LKO – ICAO: VILK|
|Operator||Airports Authority of India|
|Elevation AMSL||123 m / 404 ft|
Chaudhary Charan Singh International Airport (IATA: LKO, ICAO: VILK) is an airport serving Lucknow and Uttar Pradesh in India. It is situated in Amausi in the city of Lucknow, India and is named after Chaudhary Charan Singh, the 5th prime minister of India. It is the 12th busiest airport in India and is also the second busiest and largest in North and Central India after IGI airport Delhi.
The airport was constructed in 1986 to facilitate corporate and government officials. With an increasing number of passengers, AAI decided to upgrade the airport. On 17 July 2008, the Government of India officially renamed it Chaudhary Charan Singh Airport. It was granted international status in May 2012.
Lucknow Airport, previously called Amausi International Airport is now renamed as Chaudhary Charan Singh International Airport. It was constructed with the purpose of facilitating VVIPs, it was only in 2005 when the AAI took decision to upgrade the Airport owing to increased number of passengers and also because of introduction of private operators in the sector.
A new terminal, equipped with latest technology, at Lucknow's Chaudhary Charan Singh Airport is operative since June 2, 2012. It is being used both for arrivals and departures of domestic and international flights. The new terminal is a three-tier building which can accommodate around 650 passengers at a time.
The airport consists of two terminals: domestic and international.
The airport has a single runway that is 2,800m long.
- Landing Amenities
The airport has two terminals.
- Terminal 1
The original terminal, built to complement Charbagh Railway Station's architecture, is now used for international flights after the opening of Terminal 2. It has two arrival and three departing gates as well as two immigration counters.
- Terminal 2
- Terminal 3(Proposed)
Work on the third terminal (T3) at the Chaudhary Charan Singh airport in Lucknow will begin soon.The procedure of tendering has been set for the Rs.878.25 crore terminal which will be constructed with a vision and needs for the next 20 years.
The terminal will have aerobridges, escalators, lifts, integrated entry and exit systems, security access system and 24x7 network of CCTV cameras.The designing will be such that the airport is lit up with natural light more and will have a large number of baggage handlings systems, laser scanners for luggage, tourist visa counters, duty-free shops, premium lounge and shops as well as eateries. The construction is estimated to take about 57 months while survey, designing and approval survey, Project Investment Board clearance are likely to take another nine months.
Airlines and destinations
|Air India||Delhi, Mumbai||2|
|Air India Express||Dubai-International||1|
|GoAir||Delhi, Mumbai, Bhubaneswar, Kolkata (begins 22 December 2016)||2|
|IndiGo||Bangalore, Chennai, Delhi, Goa, Guwahati (begins 15 November 2016), Hyderabad, Kolkata, Mumbai, Patna, Pune, Vadodara, Varanasi (begins 31 October 2016)||2|
|Jet Airways||Delhi, Mumbai||2|
|Jet Airways||Abu Dhabi||1|
operated by Thai Smile
|Bangkok-Suvarnabhumi (begins 1 December 2016)||1|
- The airport was awarded AAI's "Best Airport" award in July 2013 along with Jodhpur Airport.
- Lucknow airport was rated second best in the category of small airports catering to 2-5 million passengers per annum by Airports Council International, a global non-profit organisation of airport operators.
- Traffic Statistics - International Passengers Archived 18 May 2015 at the Wayback Machine.
- Traffic Statistics - International Aircraft Movements Archived 8 July 2015 at the Wayback Machine.
- Traffic Statistics - International Freight Archived 8 July 2015 at the Wayback Machine.
- "The Times Of India". Retrieved 2014-08-21.
- "Lucknow Airport- Chaudhary Charan Singh International Airport, Lucknow - Lucknow Travel Guide".
- "Fog cancellations, delays here to stay". http://www.tribuneindia.com/news/sunday-special/perspective/fog-cancellations-delays-here-to-stay/28469.html. Retrieved 2015-12-28. External link in
- "Swanky Amausi readyfor take-off after a month". Times of India. 17 Dec 2011.
- "New Terminal At Lucknow Airport". Airport International. 31 May 2012.
- "Airports Authority of India".
- IANS (2016-03-02). "Lucknow airport to have third terminal | Free Press Journal". Freepressjournal.in. Retrieved 2016-08-29.
- IANS. "Lucknow airport to have third terminal".
- http://www.nationmultimedia.com/business/Thai-Smile-spreads-wings-to-four-cities-in-India-30296056.html. Missing or empty
- "Distance Between Charbagh Railway Station Amousi Airport". distancesbetween.com.
- "Lucknow airport judged second best in small airport category - Times of India".