Chaudhary Charan Singh International Airport
|Chaudhary Charan Singh International Airport
चौधरी चरण सिंह अंतर्राष्ट्रीय हवाई अड्डा
Partial image of CCS International Airport
|IATA: LKO – ICAO: VILK|
|Operator||Airports Authority of India|
|Serves||Lucknow, Sitapur, Barabanki, Hardoi, Gonda and Balrampur, Kanpur|
|Focus city for|
|Elevation AMSL||123 m / 404 ft|
Chaudhary Charan Singh International Airport (IATA: LKO, ICAO: VILK) is an airport serving Lucknow and Uttar Pradesh in India. It is situated in Amausi in the city of Lucknow, India. It is named after Charan Singh, the 5th prime minister of India. It is the 12th busiest airport in India and the second busiest and largest in North and Central India after IGI airport Delhi.
The airport was constructed in 1986 to facilitate corporate and government officials. With an increasing number of passengers, AAI decided to upgrade the airport. On 17 July 2008, the Government of India officially renamed it Chaudhary Charan Singh Airport. It was granted international status in May 2012.
The airport consists of two terminals: domestic and international.
The airport has a single runway that is 2,800m long.
- Landing Amenities
The airport has two terminals.
- Terminal 1
The original terminal, built to complement Charbagh Railway Station's architecture, is now used for international flights after the opening of Terminal 2. It has two arrival and three departing gates as well as two immigration counters. It started the first flight to Singapore from 4th December 2015.
- Terminal 2
Airlines and destinations
|Air India||Delhi, Mumbai||2|
|Air India Express||Dubai-International||1|
|GoAir||Delhi, Bangalore, Mumbai||2|
|IndiGo||Bangalore, Delhi, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Patna, Mumbai||2|
|Jet Airways||Delhi, Mumbai, Pune||2|
|Jet Airways||Abu Dhabi||1|
- Traffic Statistics - International Passengers Archived 18 May 2015 at the Wayback Machine
- Traffic Statistics - International Aircraft Movements[dead link]
- Traffic Statistics - International Freight Archived 8 July 2015 at the Wayback Machine
- "The Times Of India". Retrieved 2014-08-21.
- "Fog cancellations, delays here to stay". http://www.tribuneindia.com/news/sunday-special/perspective/fog-cancellations-delays-here-to-stay/28469.html. Retrieved 2015-12-28. External link in
- "Swanky Amausi readyfor take-off after a month". Times of India. 17 Dec 2011.
- "New Terminal At Lucknow Airport". Airport International. 31 May 2012.
- "Distance Between Charbagh Railway Station Amousi Airport". distancesbetween.com.
- Amausi Airport at Airports Authority of India web site
- Accident history for LKO at Aviation Safety Network
|This article about an airport in India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|