This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (October 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
By the 1980s, Hare had received multiple Guggenheim fellowships and been featured in exhibitions at major institutions. While a photographer, he worked in an environmental engineering department. His photography books include Interior America (1978), This Was Corporate America (1984) and the expanded edition of the former, Protest Photographs (2008).
- Interior America. New York City: Aperture, 1978. ISBN 978-0893810542. With an introduction by Hare.
- This Was Corporate America. Boston: Institute of Contemporary Art, 1984. ISBN 978-0910663403.
- Protest Photographs. Göttingen, Germany: Steidl, 2008. ISBN 978-3865214959. With an introduction by Hare.
- Work Abuse: How to Recognize and Survive It (1997)
- Salvesen, Britt (Nov–Dec 2008). "This is Corporate America: The Intertwined Histories of Photography and the Office". The Believer. San Francisco: McSweeney's.
|This article about an American photographer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|