The town hall of Chaville
Paris and inner ring départements
|• Mayor||Jean-Jacques Guillet|
|Area1||3.55 km2 (1.37 sq mi)|
|• Density||5,300/km2 (14,000/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
|INSEE/Postal code||92022 /92370|
|Elevation||63–173 m (207–568 ft)|
1 French Land Register data, which excludes lakes, ponds, glaciers > 1 km² (0.386 sq mi or 247 acres) and river estuaries.2 Population without double counting: residents of multiple communes (e.g., students and military personnel) only counted once.
Chaville borders on the following communes:
The town was founded in the 9th century. Its name evolved from Inchadivilla to the present Chaville.
Chaville is located on route D910 between Paris and Versailles. It is served by three railway stations and one bus line:
- Gare de Chaville-Rive-Droite, on the Transilien suburban rail line from Paris-Saint-Lazare to Versailles-Rive-Droite
- Gare de Chaville-Rive-Gauche, on the Transilien suburban rail line from Paris-Montparnasse to Rambouillet
- Chaville-Vélizy station on Paris RER line C
- RATP Bus line 171
As of 2016[update] there are five preschools (maternelles) with 730 students total: Les Iris, Les Jacinthes, Le Muguet, Les Myosotis, and Les Pâquerettes As of the same year there are three elementary schools with 1,000 students total: Anatole France, Paul Bert, and Fernand Buisson. There is one junior high school, Collège Jean Moulin de Chaville.
- Alsfeld, Hesse, Germany
- Barnet, London, England
- Settimo Torinese, Piedmont, Italy
- Thanh Hoa, Vietnam
- Mountain Lakes, New Jersey, United States
- "Écoles maternelles." Chaville. Retrieved on September 7, 2016.
- "Écoles élémentaires." Chaville. Retrieved on September 7, 2016.
- "Collège." Chaville. Retrieved on September 7, 2016.
- Home page. Lycée Jean Pierre Vernant. Retrieved on September 7, 2016. [...]qui relèvent de la zone de desserte du lycée ( communes de Sèvres, Ville d’Avray, Chaville, Saint -Cloud) [...]
- "Lycée." Chaville. Retrieved on September 7, 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Chaville.|
- Chaville website (in French)
|This Hauts-de-Seine geographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|