Chawri Bazar metro station
Chawri Bazar is an underground station located on the Yellow Line of the Delhi Metro, a rapid transit system serving Delhi and its satellite cities in the National Capital Region of India. It is located in the Chawri Bazaar locality of Old Delhi and was inaugurated on 3 July 2005 as part of the Kashmere Gate – Central Secretariat corridor.
Chawri Bazar is the second-deepest metro station after Hauz Khas, Magenta Line (Delhi Metro) of the Delhi Metro network and is situated about 30 metres (98 ft) below ground level. It is located close to the monuments of Jama Masjid, the largest mosque in India and Red Fort, a UNESCO World Heritage site. Major stations such as Delhi Junction (Old Delhi) and New Delhi railway station of the Indian Railways are located close to Chawri Bazar.
|M||Mezzanine||Fare control, station agent, Ticket/token, shops|
|P||Southbound||Platform 1 → Toward HUDA City Centre|
|Island platform, doors will open on the right|
|Northbound||Platform 2 Toward ← Samaypur Badli|
- List of Delhi Metro stations
- Transport in Delhi
- Delhi Metro Rail Corporation
- Delhi Suburban Railway
- Delhi Transport Corporation
- North Delhi
- National Capital Region (India)
- List of rapid transit systems
- List of metro systems
- "Daily Ridership Jan-2015" (PDF). DMRC. Archived from the original (PDF) on 10 January 2017.
- "New Delhi gets its brand new Metro". The Hindu. 3 July 2005. Archived from the original on 7 July 2007. Retrieved 27 September 2010.
- "Delhi Metro goes underground". The Times of India. 2 July 2005. Retrieved 27 September 2010.
- "Metro creating a marvel in Walled City". The Hindu. 8 January 2004. Archived from the original on 11 July 2011. Retrieved 27 September 2010.
- "Technological marvel set to unfold on July 2". The Hindu. 29 June 2005. Archived from the original on 12 November 2007. Retrieved 27 September 2010.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Delhi Metro.|
|Wikivoyage has a travel guide for Delhi.|
- Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Ltd. (Official site)
- Delhi Metro Annual Reports
- "Station Information". Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Ltd. (DMRC). Archived from the original on 19 June 2010.
- UrbanRail.Net – descriptions of all metro systems in the world, each with a schematic map showing all stations.