Cheap Thrills (Frank Zappa album)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For its companion compilation, see Son of Cheep Thrills.
|Greatest hits album by Frank Zappa|
|Released||April 28, 1998|
|Genre||Experimental rock, progressive rock|
|Frank Zappa chronology|
- Original recordings produced by FZ.
- Compiled by the original Joe Black.
- Intramural sports by David Greenberg.
- Sampler mastered by Toby Mountain.
- Pre-taping audience warm-up by David Baker.
- 'Artwerks' by Cal Schenkel.
All tracks by Frank Zappa, except where noted.
- "I Could Be a Star Now" (from The True Story of Frank Zappa's 200 Motels (Film), 1988 & Playground Psychotics, 1992)
- "Catholic Girls [Live]" (from You Can't Do That on Stage Anymore, Vol. 6, 1992)
- "Bobby Brown Goes Down [Live]" (from You Can't Do That on Stage Anymore, Vol. 3, 1989)
- "You Are What You Is" (Remix) (from Thing-Fish, 1984; originally from You Are What You Is, 1981)
- "We Are Not Alone" (from The Man from Utopia, 1983)
- "Cheap Thrills" (from Cruising with Ruben & the Jets, 1968)
- "The Mudshark Interview" (credited as Frank Zappa, Mothers of Invention) (from Playground Psychotics)
- "Hot Plate Heaven at the Green Hotel" (from Broadway the Hard Way, 1988 & Does Humor Belong in Music?, 1986)
- "Zomby Woof (Live)" (from You Can't Do That on Stage Anymore, Vol. 1, 1988)
- "The Torture Never Stops (Original version)" (from You Can't Do That on Stage Anymore, Vol. 4, 1991)
- "Joe's Garage (Live)" (from You Can't Do That on Stage Anymore, Vol. 3)
- "My Guitar Wants to Kill Your Mama (Live)" (from You Can't Do That on Stage Anymore, Vol. 4)
- "Going for the Money" (from The True Story of 200 Motels & Playground Psychotics)
- Erlewine, Stephen Thomas (2012). "Cheap Thrills – Frank Zappa | AllMusic". allmusic.com. Retrieved 24 February 2012.