This article possibly contains inappropriate or misinterpreted citations that do not verify the text. (January 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
One possible explanation of the name of the ethnic group, Chebo, is their affinity for the chebo plant which is normally burned during Meskel damera celebrations. Another possible explanation is the name of the area where the Chebo people live. Parts of the Debub Mirab Shewa Zone had been incorporated in Chebo and Gurage Awraja in the Shewa province, as it was called prior to 1995. The life of Chabo peoples is so attractive with full of wisdom at every action. That is why most non-Chabo people attribute the name(chabo) for a person who is wise at every affair, meanwhile the Chabo people do not like the bearing of the name, because sometimes people associate the name with greediness in bad faith. It is definite that the so-called greediness is a misconception of the ability of the Chabo to manage situations to their advantage.
- Esteban Mitsou Errandonea
- Habtegiorgis Dinagde - an advisor of zufan chilot of haile sillasie.
- Tadele, et al. 2014
- Kloos, et al. 1987
- Kloos, et al. 1989
- Kloos, Helmut, A. Etea, A. Degefa, H. Aga, B. Solomon, K. Abera, A. Abegaz, G. Belemo. 1987. Illness and health behaviour in Addis Ababa and rural central Ethiopia. Soc. Sci. Med., 25 (9): 1003-1019.
- Kloos, Helmut, A. Adugna. 1989. Settler migration during the 1984/85 resettlement programme in Ethiopia. Geo Journal, 19.2: 113-127.
- Tadele, Desalegn, E. Lulekal, D. Damtie, A. Assefa. 2014. Floristic diversity and regeneration status of woody plants in Zengena Forest, a remnant montane forest patch in northwestern Ethiopia. Journral of Forestry Research, 25 (2): 329-336.
|This article about an Ethiopian ethnicity is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
- , Ethiopian Government Portal