|Elevation||2,582 ft (787 m)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1464762|
Check is an unincorporated community in Floyd County, Virginia, United States. Check is located on U.S. Route 221 12.1 miles (19.5 km) northeast of Floyd. Check has a post office with ZIP code 24072, which opened on July 23, 1883. The origin of the name "Check" is obscure.
Check contains a primary school, Check Elementary School, which is located in the old Check High School building.
- "Check". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- United States Postal Service (2012). "USPS - Look Up a ZIP Code". Retrieved 2012-02-15.
- "Postmaster Finder - Post Offices by ZIP Code". United States Postal Service. Retrieved August 21, 2012.
- Moyer, Armond; Moyer, Winifred (1958). The origins of unusual place-names. Keystone Pub. Associates. p. 141.
- "Check Elementary School". Archived from the original on November 12, 2013. Retrieved November 11, 2013.
|This Floyd County, Virginia state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|