|Sociedad Anónima Bursátil de Capital Variable|
|Traded as||BMV: CHDRAUI|
|Founded||1927 in Xalapa, Mexico|
|Founder||Lázaro Chedraui Chaya|
|Headquarters||Mexico City, Mexico|
|Central and Southern Mexico (primarily) with few stores at Northern Mexico
California, Nevada and Arizona (USA)
|Antonio Chedraui Obeso, (Chairman)
Antonio Chedraui Eguia, (CEO) 
|Revenue||US$ 4.9 billion (2012)|
|US$ 115.3 million (2012)|
Number of employees
Chedraui is a publicly traded Mexican grocery store and department store chain which also operates stores in California under the name El Super. It is traded on the Mexican Stock Exchange under the symbol CHEDRAUI.
Chedraui was founded in 1927 in Xalapa, Veracruz by Lázaro Chedraui Chaya and his wife. In 1971 it opened the first supermarket in Xalapa, Veracruz. In 2005 it bought 29 supermarkets from Carrefour in Central and Southern Mexico. Chedraui's primary competition includes large grocers and hypermarkets such as Soriana, Wal-Mart and Comercial Mexicana.
According to Hoover's, it is "Mexico's third-largest retailer (after Walmart and Soriana), the supermarket giant sells groceries, apparel, and non-perishable items in more than 212 stores, being 136 Tienda Chedraui, 40 Súper Chedraui, 2 warehouse Chedraui and 5 Selecto Chedraui.
The California operations began in 1997, and were later expanded to Nevada and Arizona. The stores there are branded El Super, and operated by Grupo Chedraui's Bodega Latina Corporation, headquartered in Paramount, CA. It operates about 40 stores aimed primarily to Hispanics.
In addition to retail, the group has a real estate arm.
- "Chedraui looks to IPO on Mexican Stock Exchange". MVI Retail Insight. Retrieved 2010-03-13.
- "Investor Prospective (in Spanish)" (PDF). Grupo Comercial Chedraui S.A.B. de C.V., Casa de Bolsa BBVA Bancomer S.A. de C.V., Banamex C.A. de C.V. Retrieved 2010-05-05.
- http://www.hoovers.com/chedraui/--ID__95115--/freeuk-co-factsheet.xhtml Hoovers: Chedraui Fact Sheet
- "Carrefour profit dips despite strategy". New York Times. 2005-03-11. Retrieved 2010-03-13.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Chedraui.|
- Chedraui website (Spanish)
|This article about a Mexico corporation or company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This retail business article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|