Cheese Cat-Astrophe Starring Speedy Gonzales
|Cheese Cat-Astrophe Starring Speedy Gonzales|
Box art for the Cheese Cat-Astrophe Starring Speedy Gonzales video game
|Composer(s)||David De Gruttola|
|Release date(s)||Mega Drive/Genesis
|Genre(s)||Action, Jump'n'Run platformer|
Sylvester's alter-ego, the dastardly Dr. Cheesefinger, has "kitnapped" the cheese supply and Speedy Gonzales' girlfriend, Carmel. This "speedy mouse" must outwit the callous cat and rescue the village cheese supply.
The four reviewers Electronic Gaming Monthly gave the Game Gear version a 5.5 out of 10, commenting that though the graphics and gameplay are both outstanding, the Game Gear hardware isn't powerful enough to handle them, and the resultant screen blurring whenever Speedy is in motion makes it virtually impossible to avoid taking hits. GamePro made similar comments, but blamed the difficulty in avoiding hits on the fact that Speedy is always positioned at the center of the screen, even when running, thus cutting down the time the player has to react to hazards when they scroll onto the screen. They also gave Cheese Cat-Astrophe a more positive overall assessment, dubbing it "a fun little game."
- "Cheese Cat-Astrophe starring Speedy Gonzales for Sega Master System - Technical Information, Game Information, Technical Support". GameSpot. Retrieved 2010-09-19.
- "Cheese Cat-Astrophe starring Speedy Gonzales for SEGA Master System". MobyGames. Retrieved 2010-09-19.
- "Cheese Cat-Astrophe Starring Speedy Gonzales Release Information for Sega Master System - GameFAQs". Gamefaqs. Retrieved 2010-09-17.
- "Review Crew: Cheese Cat-Astrophe: Starring Speedy Gonzales". Electronic Gaming Monthly (Ziff Davis) (71): 40. June 1995.
- "ProReview: Cheese Cat-Astrophe Starring Speedy Gonzales". GamePro (IDG) (82): 82. July 1995.
|This action game–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This platform game-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Sega-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|