Cheetah Security Browser
Running on Windows 10
|Initial release||May 2, 2012（220.127.116.116）|
|Operating system||Microsoft Windows XP、Android4.0、iOS 5.0|
|Available in||Simplified Chinese|
Cheetah Secure Browser (Chinese: 猎豹安全浏览器), also known as CM Browser, is a web browser developed by Jinshan Network. The browser is based on Chromium and supports both the WebKit and Trident browser engines. Jinshan Network claims that Cheetah Secure Browser is the first secure dual-engine browser with a "browser intrusion prevention system".
On September 21, 2014, Jinshan was ordered to pay Youku ¥300,000 for violating Chinese competition laws by allowing the Cheetah Security Browser to filter video ads on Youku's website. In the preceding trial, Youku claimed to suffer an economic loss as a result of Cheetah's ad filtering, as the company earned revenue from ads and premium subscriptions that allowed users to skip ads. Jinshan stated that Cheetah's ad filtering feature was vendor-neutral and that users must opt-in to activate the feature.
In November 2018, the Shanghai Consumer Protection Committee commissioned an evaluation of the application permissions of 18 popular mobile apps, including Cheetah Security Browser. The study found that Cheetah requested sensitive phone- and SMS-related permissions that allowed the browser to monitor the phone's outbound calls. A representative for Cheetah responded that the browser needed to determine whether a phone call is active in order to prevent interference when the browser is playing audio. The representative indicated that Cheetah would be updated to address the privacy concerns.
- "不装杀软也安全：猎豹浏览器独有的十大安全优势-科技频道-和讯网" [Safe without security: the top ten security advantages of the Cheetah browser]. tech.hexun.com (in Chinese). 2012-05-18. Retrieved 2019-05-07.
- "Windows Desktop". web site. 2018-04-10. Retrieved 2018-04-10.
- "Apple on the App Store". iTunes Store. 2018-01-02. Retrieved 2018-01-02.
- "Cheetah Security Browser". Google Play Store. 2019-04-03. Retrieved 2019-04-03.
- (in Chinese)Cheetah safe browsing organ network promotion
- (in Chinese)3.0 Official release
- 【Cheetah mobile version is coming! !】(in Chinese)
- (in Chinese) About the Jinshan Cheetah browser Archived 2012-10-16 at the Wayback Machine
- 胡晓; 陈健. "猎豹浏览器过滤优酷广告案终审判决：前者被罚30万元" [Cheetah browser filter Youku advertising case final judgment: the former was fined 300,000 yuan]. People's Daily (in Chinese). Retrieved 2019-05-09.
- "直击|消保委通报猎豹自动开隐私权限 猎豹：立即整改" [Direct attack | Consumer Protection Committee reports that Cheetah automatically opens privacy permissions; Cheetah: immediate rectification]. Sina Technology (in Chinese). 28 November 2018. Retrieved 2019-05-09.
- "猎豹浏览器能监听外拨电话？沪消保委：应用评测显示个人信息遭泄露" [Can the Cheetah browser monitor outbound calls? Shanghai Consumer Protection Committee: application evaluation shows that personal information has been leaked]. Xinmin Evening News (in Chinese). Retrieved 2019-05-09.