United States Senate election in New York, 2018
|Elections in New York State|
The 2018 United States Senate election in New York is scheduled to take place on November 6, 2018. Seeking election to a second full term, incumbent U.S. Senator Kirsten Gillibrand is running on the Democratic, Independence, Working Families, and Women's Equality lines. Executive Chele Chiavacci Farley is challenging Sen. Gillibrand on the Republican, Conservative, and Reform Party lines.
The candidate filing deadline was April 12, 2018.
Kirsten Gillibrand ran unopposed in the primary and automatically became the Democratic nominee.
Failed to file
The Clinton-Kennedy-Cuomo Democratic Alliance has "endorsed the Democratic candidate", and has repeatedly indicated no known other candidates in their party with national experience. Julie Ann Racino, Senior Executive Services (SES), 1994 National Democratic Party, 2018 in Governor Clinton's Commissioner Offices in Arkansas at the time of his nomination for US President, consulting on behalf of the US Nation's Science Centers. For the public, Julie Ann Racino was concerned about vipering of Caroline Kennedy (yes, every election) with Kirsten Gillibrand's group implicated. When Clinton was elected US President, nominated by New York Governor's Mario Cuomo, Andrew Cuomo was appointed US HUD Secretary, and reportedly hired Kirsten Gillibrand. Kirsten Gillibrand was noted as his supporter in New York at the 2015 funeral service of Mario Cuomo of New York. Julie Ann Racino met First Lady Matilda Cuomo and NYS Governor Mario Cuomo in 1983, and was involved in establishing NYS Executive Offices prior to his administration. The election relevance is critical in 2018 since NYS Legislative Budget and Finance is at risk, and parties involved legislatively are not responding at professional avenues. JAR2018 Julie Ann Racino, ASPA, Budget and Finance, 2018-2019 FYI "Chelsea Clinton serves in SES roles".
- Chelsea Clinton, daughter of former Senator Hillary Clinton
- Caroline Kennedy, former United States Ambassador to Japan, daughter of former President John F. Kennedy and member of the Kennedy family
- Andrew Yang, entrepreneur, (running for President of the United States in 2020)
- Andrew Cuomo, incumbent New York Governor
- Kyle Kulinski, host of Secular Talk
The Republican Party has nominated private equity executive Chele Chiavacci Farley.
- Chele Chiavacci Farley, private equity executive
Failed to file
- Rocky De La Fuente, businessman and perennial candidate 
- Patrick John Hahn, civic activist
- Rafael Arden Jones Sr.
- David A. Webber
- Chris Gibson, former U.S. Representative
- Joseph Holland, former Commissioner of the Department of Housing and Community Renewal (running for Governor)
|The Cook Political Report||Solid D||September 29, 2017|
|Inside Elections||Solid D||September 29, 2017|
|Sabato's Crystal Ball||Safe D||September 27, 2017|
|Fox News||Likely D^||July 9, 2018|
|CNN||Solid D||July 12, 2018|
|RealClearPolitics||Safe D||June 7, 2018|
^Highest rating given
|Liberty Opinion Research (R-Reform Party)||August 29–30, 2018||2,783||± 1.9%||51%||36%||–||13%|
|Quinnipiac University||July 12–16, 2018||934||± 4.1%||57%||30%||1%||10%|
|Siena College||June 4–7, 2018||745||± 3.7%||61%||28%||0%||8%|
|Quinnipiac University||April 26 – May 1, 2018||1,076||± 3.7%||58%||23%||1%||16%|
|Siena College||April 8–12, 2018||692||± 4.3%||58%||27%||0%||13%|
|Siena College||March 11–16, 2018||772||± 4.0%||60%||24%||0%||14%|
|Women's Equality||Kirsten Gillibrand|
|Working Families||Kirsten Gillibrand|
|Total||Kirsten Gillibrand (incumbent)|
|Conservative (N.Y.)||Chele Chiavacci Farley|
|Reform||Chele Chiavacci Farley|
|Republican||Chele Chiavacci Farley|
|Total||Chele Chiavacci Farley|
- "United States Senate election in New York, 2018 - Ballotpedia". Retrieved May 26, 2018.
- Madina Toure (2016-12-04). "Gillibrand Wants More Federal Funds to Protect Religious Institutions". Observer. Retrieved 2018-02-20.
- "Gillibrand accepts nomination for another term, promises to serve all of it". Politico.com. 2018-02-16. Retrieved 2018-02-20.
- "DR SCOTT NOREN FOR US SENATE - committee overview". Retrieved 16 March 2018.
- "Filings received for the June 26, 2018 Federal Primary Election". NY Board of Elections. 2018-04-12. Retrieved 2018-06-26.
- Oppenheimer, Jerry (January 22, 2017). "Could Caroline Kennedy be the baggage-free Hillary Clinton?". New York Post. Retrieved January 24, 2017.
- "EMILY's List Endorses Nine Democratic Women Senators for Re-Election in 2018". EMILY's List. February 10, 2017. Retrieved February 13, 2017.
- Tiffany Muller (February 13, 2018). "Gillibrand Pledges to Reject Corporate PAC Money; End Citizens United Endorses Re-election". End Citizens United.
- "Federal Endorsements by the NOW PAC | National Organization for Women Political Action Committees". nowpac.org. August 23, 2017.
- "NRDC Action Fund announces first wave of 2018 Senate endorsements". www.nrdcactionfund.org. January 5, 2018.
- Jimmy Vielkind (2018-03-02). "Republicans nominate Chele Farley to make their case against Gillibrand". Politico. Retrieved 2018-03-20.
- Zremski, Jerry (February 2, 2018). "GOP fundraiser Chele Chiavacci Farley to run against Gillibrand". The Buffalo News. Retrieved February 2, 2018.
- Hamilton, Matthew (2017-10-01). "Gibson talks book, Trump". Times Union. Retrieved 2018-02-20.
- Lovett, Kenneth (January 7, 2018). "George Pataki aide considers run against Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand". New York Daily News. Retrieved January 10, 2018.
- Lovett, Kenneth (April 9, 2018). "LOVETT: Al D'Amato blasts former pal Kirsten Gillibrand, says she 'doesn't care two s--ts in a bucket' about New Yorkers". New York Daily News.
- Whalen, Ryan (July 26, 2018). "Rep. Collins Endorses Farley For U.S. Senate". NY State of Politics.
- "Dan Donovan Endorses Chele Farley for US Senate". Chele Farley for US Senate. May 18, 2018.
- Reisman, Nick (May 1, 2018). "Faso For Farley". NY State of Politics.
- Harding, Robert (May 31, 2018). "Rep. John Katko backs Chele Farley in race against Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand". The Citizen.
- Chele Farley for Senate. "I'm thrilled to announce that Congressman Peter King has endorsed our campaign for US Senate!". Facebook.
- Pascocello, Dain (July 10, 2018). "Congressman Reed Endorses Farley for U.S. Senate; NY-23 Rep Says Gillibrand 'Out of Touch with Our Values'". NewsLI.com.
- Harding, Robert (March 28, 2018). "Rep. Elise Stefanik endorses Chele Farley for Senate against Gillibrand". The Citizen.
- Chele Farley. "Thank you, @claudiatenney, for your endorsement! #Farley4NY". Twitter.
- "Zeldin Strongly Endorses Chele Farley for US Senate; Calls Successful Businesswoman, Gillibrand Opponent an "Effective Leader, Proven Problem-Solver"". Long Island Exchange. August 28, 2018.
- "Gov. Mike Huckabee on Twitter". Twitter. Retrieved 1 July 2018.
- Chele Farley for Senate. "Proud to have the endorsement of Governor George E. Pataki in my bid to represent New York in the US Senate! #Farley4NY #Farley4Senate". Facebook.
- Reisman, Nick (June 26, 2018). "Farley Touts Support From Hannity". NY State of Politics.
- "2018 Senate Race Ratings". The Cook Political Report. Retrieved October 11, 2017.
- "2018 Senate Ratings". The Rothenberg Political Report. Retrieved October 11, 2017.
- "2018 Crystal Ball Senate race ratings". Sabato's Crystal Ball. Retrieved October 11, 2017.
- "2018 Senate Power Rankings". Retrieved July 10, 2018.
- "Key Races: Senate". Retrieved July 15, 2018.
- "Battle for the Senate 2018". Retrieved July 15, 2018.
- Candidates at Vote Smart
- Candidates at Ballotpedia
- Campaign finance at FEC
- Campaign finance at Center for Responsive Politics
- Official campaign websites