AMC Networks International
|Subsidiary of AMC Networks|
|Headquarters||London, United Kingdom|
|Products||Television, motion pictures|
|Divisions||AMC Networks International UK
AMC Networks International Central Europe
AMC Networks International Iberia
AMC Networks International Asia-Pacific
AMC Networks International Latin America
AMC Networks International DMC
AMC Networks International (formerly Chellomedia) is an international media company and distributor of channels, content and video services. The division’s operating companies and business units currently own and operate in joint venture a total of 68 branded TV channels and run a suite of digital, on demand and broadband services in Europe. On aggregate, its channels and feeds reach 382 million homes. AMC Networks International also provide a set of advanced digital services, such as ad sales and broadcast solutions to international channel operators.
On July 31, 2012, Chellomedia purchased MGM Networks, Inc. from MGM while MGM retaining its US, Canada, UK, Germany and joint ventures in Brazil and Australia. Chellomedia has licensed the MGM brand and content to continue on the purchased MGM channels.
On May 21, 2013, it was announced that Liberty Global had put Chellomedia up for sale. Liberty agreed on October 28 to sell Chellomedia to AMC Networks for $1.035B, except for its Benelux unit. The purchase was completed on February 2, 2014.
AMC Networks International runs its businesses through six business units:
- AMC Networks International UK (EMEA)
- AMC Networks International Central Europe
- AMC Networks International Asia-Pacific
- AMC Networks International Latin America
- AMC Networks International Iberia
- AMC (Africa and Middle East)
- AMC (Asia)
- AMC (Europe)
- AMC Latinoamérica
- AMC Ukraine
- A&E (Spain and Portugal) joint venture with A+E Networks UK
- Biggs joint venture with NOS
- Canal Buzz
- Canal Cocina
- Canal Ella
- Canal de História joint venture with A+E Networks UK
- Canal Hollywood joint venture with NOS
- Canal Panda joint venture with NOS
- CBS Action joint venture with CBS Studios International
- CBS Drama joint venture with CBS Studios International
- CBS Europa joint venture with CBS Studios International
- CBS Reality joint venture with CBS Studios International
- Crimen & Investigación joint venture with A+E Networks UK
- Cosmopolitan TV
- El Garage TV
- Extreme Sports Channel
- Film & Arts
- Film Café
- Film Mania
- Horror Channel joint venture with CBS Studios International
- JimJam joint venture with HIT Entertainment
- Más Chic
- MOV joint venture with NOS
- Canal Natura
- Outdoor Channel EMEA joint venture with Kroenke Sports & Entertainment
- Sol Música
- Somos TV
- Sport 1
- Sport 2
- Sport M
- Spektrum TV
- Spektrum Home
- SundanceTV France
- SundanceTV Latinoamérica
- TV Paprika
- Liberty Global Q1 2012 Fact Sheet
- "Chellomedia Published Data".
- The Deadline Team (August 1, 2012) UPDATE: MGM Networks Sale To Chellomedia To Fund BuyBack of Icahn Shares: LAT. Deadline.com.
- Fritz, Ben. (August 01, 2012) MGM sells overseas channels amid Icahn buyback, IPO preparation. LA Times.
- "Liberty Global puts Chellomedia business up for sale". The Denver Post. 2013-05-21. Retrieved 2013-05-21.
- Tartaglione, Nancy. (October 28, 2013) AMC Networks To Pay $1B For Liberty Global’s Chellomedia. Deadline.com. Accessed on October 28, 2013.
- Deadline.com: Chellomedia Rebranded As AMC Networks International
- BroadbandTVNews.com: Chellomedia to become AMC Networks International
- AMC Networks Press Release: AMC Networks Re-Brands Chellomedia to “AMC Networks International”
- The Hollywood Reporter (September 20, 2014). "AMC set for November launch in Europe". Broadband TV News. Retrieved October 6, 2014.