Chelmer railway station
Northbound view in August 2012
|Location||Honour Avenue, Chelmer|
|Owned by||Queensland Rail|
|Operated by||City network|
|Distance||8.46 kilometres from Central|
|Platforms||4 (2 island)|
|Station code||600299 (platform 1)
600300 (platform 2)
600301 (platform 3)
600302 (platform 4)
|Fare zone||go card 1|
The original station opened north of its current location in 1876 as Oxley's Point. In 1888, the station was renamed Riverton. A siding was built at the current station location in 1881, which was later converted into the current station in 1889. Riverton was closed that same year.
The line through Chelmer was duplicated in June 1886. The station was rebuilt in 1959 as part of the quadruplication of the line.
Services by Platform
|1||Ipswich & Rosewood||Ipswich & Rosewood|||
|2||Ipswich & Rosewood||Bowen Hills & Caboolture|||
|Nambour||Morning peak only|
|Petrie||Weekday afternoons only|
|3||Ipswich & Rosewood||Ipswich & Rosewood||evening peak only|
|4||Ipswich & Rosewood||Bowen Hills, Petrie & Caboolture||evening peak only|
|Springfield||Bowen Hills, Petrie, Caboolture & Nambour||evening peak only|
- "Chelmer - railway station (entry 6975)". Queensland Place Names. Queensland Government. Retrieved 31 March 2017.
- Chelmer Centre for the Government of Queensland
- "Graceville Railway Station (entry 602717)". Queensland Heritage Register. Queensland Heritage Council. Retrieved 13 July 2015.
- Ipswich & Rosewood line timetable[permanent dead link] TransLink 20 January 2014
- Springfield line timetable TransLink 20 January 2014
- Chelmer Platform 1 TransLink
- Chelmer Platform 2 TransLink
- Chelmer Platform 3 TransLink
- Chelmer Platform 4 TransLink