Chelsea Public Schools
|Chelsea Public Schools|
|Superintendent||Mary M. Bourque|
$14,334 per pupil
|NCES District ID||2503540|
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (July 2014)
At the start of the 2013-2014 school year the district had 5,500 students. Due to a wave of immigrant children entering the district, the enrollment count increased to 6,200 by the end of the year. Dr. Mary Bourque, the superintendent, characterized the increase as "dramatic" and explained that "It’s a big strain in terms of being able to address the needs without knowing ahead of time that those will be the needs." Many are from El Salvador, Guatemala and Honduras and immigrated illegally. Of the new students, 75 arrived from Arizona and Texas and 285 directly arrived from outside the United States.
- Chelsea High School
- Middle schools:
- Brown Middle School
- Clarke Middle School
- Wright Middle School
- Elementary schools:
- Berkowitz Elementary School
- Hooks Elementary School
- Kelly Elementary School
- Sokolowski Elementary School
- Mary c Burke elementary complex
- John Silber Early Learning Center
- "Search for Public School Districts – District Detail for Chelsea". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved July 12, 2014.
- Leamanczyk, Lauren. "Chelsea Schools Overwhelmed By Sudden Influx Of Immigrant Students" (Archive). WBZ-TV (CBS Boston). June 24, 2014. Retrieved on July 5, 2014.
[[Category:Schools in Suffolk County, Massachuseyes tts]]
|This Massachusetts school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|