Chelsea and Westminster Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
|Chelsea and Westminster Hospital NHS Foundation Trust|
|Type||NHS Foundation Trust|
|Number of employees||6,339|
Chelsea and Westminster Hospital NHS Foundation Trust operates Chelsea and Westminster Hospital and West Middlesex University Hospital (since 1 September 2015). The Foundation Trust was created on 1 October 2006. The Trust's chief executive is Lesley Watts and its chairman is Sir Thomas Hughes-Hallett.
The Trust also manages a number of highly specialised sexual health clinics at 56 Dean Street and Dean Street Express in Soho, 10 Hammersmith Broadway (formerly West London Centre for Sexual Health at Charing Cross Hospital) and John Hunter Clinic at St Stephen's Centre.
Brian Eno has volunteered to help transform the casualty department. He is to refine the A&E’s acoustics. He is one of several artists backing a £600,000 appeal by Chelsea and Westminster Health Charity to provide visual and aural features. Appeal patron Hugh Grant, who lives near the hospital, said: “The charity is working with artists and designers to do clever and cunning things with lighting, with sound and with the design.”
As of 2018, the trust employs 6,339 staff.
The Care Quality Commission inspection in July 2014 found the Trust “requires improvement”. In children’s services only 200 whole time equivalent nursing staff were in post out of a budgeted 247. In the neonatal intensive care unit there was a 26% vacancy rate and staff claimed that a culture of bullying existed. One of the areas of outstanding practice noted within the trust was neonatal palliative care nursing, which had developed national standards.
It was named by the Health Service Journal as one of the top hundred NHS trusts to work for in 2015. At that time it had 3086 full time equivalent staff and a sickness absence rate of 2.89%. 77% of staff recommend it as a place for treatment and 69% recommended it as a place to work.
At the end of March 2017, the trust was confirmed as one of four additional NHS Global Digital Exemplars; joining the twelve announced in September 2016. The trust shares its GDE status with Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust as a "joint Exemplar".
The most recent Care Quality Commission inspections in 2018 rated both Chelsea and Westminster Hospital and West Middlesex Hospital as 'Good', with C&W rated as 'Outstanding' for caring. This was an improvement over its previous rating of 'requires improvement.
- "Hospitals join forces in bigger, better organisation". Chelsea and Westminster Hospital NHS Foundation Trust. Retrieved 9 September 2015.
- "Foundation Trust". Chelsea and Westminster Hospital NHS Foundation Trust. Archived from the original on 2008-02-11. Retrieved 2009-09-14.
- "Lesley Watts appointed Chief Executive of Chelsea and Westminster Hospital NHS Foundation Trust". Chelsea and Westminster Hospital NHS Foundation Trust. Retrieved 9 September 2015.
- "Chelsea and Westminster Hospital appoints new Chair". Chelsea and Westminster Hospital NHS Foundation Trust. 17 December 2013.
- "New sexual health clinic opens at Hammersmith Broadway". Chelsea and Westminster Hospital NHS Foundation Trust. Retrieved 26 April 2016.
- "Sexual health clinics at Chelsea and Westminster Hospital". Chelsea and Westminster Hospital NHS Foundation Trust. Retrieved 2015-09-09.
- "Brian Eno to redesign Chelsea and Westminster hospital acoustics which will 'help calm distressed patients'". Evening Standard. 16 July 2014. Retrieved 22 March 2015.
- "Chelsea and Westminster Hospital NHS Foundation Trust". Care Quality Commission. Retrieved 9 September 2015.
- "Chelsea and Westminster Hospital 'requires improvement'". Nursing Times. 28 October 2014. Retrieved 22 March 2015.
- "HSJ reveals the best places to work in 2015". Health Service Journal. 7 July 2015. Retrieved 23 September 2015.
- Stevens, Laura (31 March 2017). "Four more acute global digital exemplars confirmed by NHS England". Digital Health. Digital Health. Retrieved 12 May 2017.
- England, NHS. "Acute Global Digital Exemplars". NHS England. Retrieved 20 July 2018.
- "Chelsea and Westminster Hospital". Care Quality Commission. 2018-04-10.
- "West Middlesex Hospital". Care Quality Commission. 2018-04-10.