|Born||Chelsy Yvonne Davy
13 October 1985
|Alma mater||University of Leeds|
Chelsy Davy was born in Bulawayo, Zimbabwe, to Charles Davy, a South African safari farmer, and Beverley Donald Davy, a former Coca-Cola model and Miss Rhodesia 1973. She has a younger brother, Shaun, and grew up at her family's homestead in the Lemco Safari Area.
Her father Charles is one of the largest private landowners in Zimbabwe, and is reported to own 1,200 km² (460 mi²) of land. He maintains business ties with controversial politician Webster Shamu, of whom he has said, "I am in partnership with a person who I personally like and get along with". Davy's father was also reported to have a close relationship with Zimbabwe's president, Robert Mugabe, but dismissed this as "a spate of rubbish" in the wake of his daughter's relationship with Prince Harry, telling The Daily Telegraph: "I am in business. Not politics." After being criticized by the press, however, Charles Davy sold his share in the business.
Davy received a bachelor's degree in economics from the University of Cape Town in 2006, and a law degree (LLB) from Leeds University in 2009. She began an internship for Farrer & Company in December 2008, but instead of accepting a permanent position at the firm, she took a second gap year. In September 2011, Davy began work as a trainee solicitor at London law firm Allen & Overy. In late 2014, however, Davy decided to quit her position at the firm.
In June 2016, she launched her own African-based Jewellery brand line of AYA in London.
Relationship with Prince Harry
Davy had what the press described as a "turbulent" relationship with Prince Harry, the younger son of the Prince of Wales and Diana, Princess of Wales. The pair met in early 2004 while Davy was a boarder at Stowe School, and were an on-and-off couple until May 2010. Davy announced the end of the relationship on Facebook.
In 2011, addressing rumours of a possible reconciliation, Prince Harry publicly professed himself as "100 per cent single," revealing that he had no time for a relationship of any kind. However, Davy was invited to attend the wedding of Prince William and Catherine Middleton on 29 April 2011, where she stated that she would never marry Prince Harry because "It's not a life for me".
- English, Rebecca (7 May 2010). "Air corps blimey! Chelsy Davy looks simply stunning in cream babydoll dress as Prince Harry gets his helicopter wings". Daily Mail. London.
- "Prince Harry and Chelsy Davy split?". Female First.
- Sykes, Tom (26 April 2011). "Chelsy Davy, The Hard-Partying Wedding Guest". The Daily Beast. USA. Retrieved 26 April 2011.
- "Charles Davy mutilates our story, threatens lawsuit". The Zimdiaspora. 10 January 2011. Retrieved 25 June 2008.
- Blair, David (6 November 2005). "Chelsy Davy: The flighty blonde in a bikini who couldn't face up to life as a princess". Daily Mail. UK. Retrieved 25 June 2008.
- "5 Things You Don't Know About Chelsy Davy". US Magazine via MSN entertainment. 27 April 2011. Retrieved 21 June 2011.
- Marre, Oliver (5 July 2006). "Introducing the Ladies in Waiting". The Observer. UK. Retrieved 17 July 2006.
- Daily Telegraph report:Charles Davy defends business interests
- Blair, David (6 November 2005). "Zimbabwe's great white survivor". The Daily Telegraph. UK. Retrieved 25 June 2008.
- Hunt, Peter (25 January 2011). "When Harry Met Chelsy". BBC. Retrieved 30 March 2009.
- Sheila Marikar (2011-04-28). "Royal Wedding: Chelsy Davy vs. Kate Middleton". abcnews.com.
- Moody, Marcia (2014-03-13). Harry: A Biography. Michael O'Mara Books. ISBN 9781782430421.
- Chelsy Davy - LinkedIn profile
- Nicholl, Katie (2 March 2009). "Chelsy Davy seeks permanent position". Daily Mail. UK. Retrieved 30 March 2009.
- Nicholl, Katie (25 January 2009). "It's no life for me', says Chelsy Davy". The Telegraph. UK. Retrieved 2 May 2011.
- "Princess Eugenie and Chelsy Davy have sweet reunion at jewellery launch". hellomagazine.com. June 23, 2016.
- "Prince Harry and girlfriend split". BBC News. 24 January 2009. Retrieved 24 January 2009.
- Pierce, Andrew (25 January 2009). "Chelsy Davy announces end of relationship to Prince Harry on Facebook". The Daily Telegraph. UK. Retrieved 9 May 2009.
- Nicholl, Katie (25 January 2009). "It's the Army or me, Harry". Daily Mail. UK. Retrieved 2 May 2011.
- "Prince Harry says he's 100 per cent single". The Daily Telegraph. UK. 27 June 2011. Retrieved 27 June 2011.
- Nicholl, Katie (1 May 2011). "Why Chelsy Davy Will Never Marry Prince Harry". Daily Mail. London. Retrieved 1 May 2011.