|This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2007) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Industry||Life Sciences, Informatics, Cheminformatics|
ChemAxon is a software company specializing in application programming interfaces and end user applications for cheminformatics and life science research with headquarters in Budapest, Hungary and Cambridge, Massachusetts. The company's main customer base consists of pharmaceutical, agrochemical and biotechnology companies, as well as academic research groups and third parties wishing to integrate cheminformatic functionalities in their products and services.
ChemAxon Products include tools for visualization and drawing of molecules, chemical database searching and management, and for drug discovery. Products are licensed free of charge for academic use.
Molecule characterization data in the form of a simplified molecular-input line-entry system (SMILES) string can be uploaded into the Marvin software.
- Computational chemistry
- Chemical database
- Drug design
- Data mining
- Molecule editor
- McBride, Ryan (1 Oct 2012). "ChemAxon opens shop in 'heart' of Boston biotech hub". Retrieved 11 May 2014.
- "Chemaxon Announces Free Software for the Academic Community Via the Jchem and Marvin Academic Package". 27 Jul 2004. Retrieved 11 May 2014.
- "Company Overview of ChemAxon Kft.". Retrieved 11 May 2014.
- Toure, O.; Dussap, C.-G; Lebert, A. (2013). "Comparison of Predicted pKa Values for Some Amino-Acids, Dipeptides and Tripeptides,Using COSMO-RS, ChemAxon and ACD/Labs Methods". Oil & Gas Science and Technology – Rev. IFP Energies nouvelles. 68 (2): 281–291. doi:10.2516/ogst/2012094.
- Chen, Jonathan; Swamidass, S. Joshua; Dou, Yimeng; Bruand, Jocelyne; Baldi, Pierre (2005). "ChemDB: a public database of small molecules and related chemoinformatics resources". Bioinformatics. 21 (22): 4133–4139. doi:10.1093/bioinformatics/bti683. PMID 16174682.
- IP data Feed Archived August 17, 2013, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Pearson Adds ChemAxon's Suite of Chemistry Tools to MasteringChemistry Products". 6 Dec 2012. Retrieved 11 May 2014.
- ChemAxon's official homepage
- Marvin and Calculator Plugin online implementation Free structure drawing/image generation and structure based predictions; pKa, logP, logD, name<>structure, polar surface area (PSA), H-bond acceptor/donor, conformer, topology analysis, etc.