|Olympic medal record|
|Competitor for Chinese Taipei|
|2010 Guangzhou||Mixed Doubles|
Chen Hung-ling is a doubles specialist. His best results have come with Cheng Wen-hsing in Mixed Doubles, but he routinely competes in Men's Doubles with Lin Yu-lang. In 2011 Chen and Cheng won the tournament at the Japan Super Series. They have reached the semi-finals of five other super series tournaments. He is known as the only player in the elite tournament that wears glasses while playing on the court.
Record Against Selected Opponents
- Zheng Bo & Ma Jin 1–0
- Tao Jiaming & Tian Qing 0–2
- Zhang Nan & Zhao Yunlei 1–7
- Xu Chen & Ma Jin 0–1
- Lee Sheng-mu & Chien Yu-chin 1–1
- Joachim Fischer Nielsen & Christinna Pedersen 3–3
- Thomas Laybourn & Kamilla Rytter Juhl 1–0
- / Chris Adcock & Imogen Bankier 0–1
- Chris Adcock & Gabrielle Adcock 1–0
- Michael Fuchs & Birgit Michels 1–2
- Tantowi Ahmad & Lilyana Natsir 0–5
- Fran Kurniawan & Pia Zebadiah Bernadeth 3–0
- Nova Widianto & Lilyana Natsir 0–1
- Ko Sung-hyun & Kim Ha-na 1–2
- Chan Peng Soon & Goh Liu Ying 5–1
- Robert Mateusiak & Nadiezda Zieba 5–0
- Sudket Prapakamol & Saralee Thoungthongkam 3–3
- "Chen Hung-Ling Bio, Stats, and Results". Olympics at Sports-Reference.com. Retrieved 2016-01-30.
- "tournamentsoftware.com". tournamentsoftware.com. 2012-05-04. Retrieved 2012-05-04.