|Chinese name||陳曉旭 (traditional)|
|Chinese name||陈晓旭 (simplified)|
|Pinyin||Chén Xiǎoxù (Mandarin)|
October 29, 1965|
|Died||May 13, 2007
Chen Xiaoxu (Traditional Chinese: 陳曉旭; Simplified Chinese: 陈晓旭; Pinyin: Chén Xiǎoxù;), Buddhist name Venerable Miao Zhen (釋妙真) (October 29, 1965 – May 13, 2007) was a Chinese actress, famous for her role as Lin Daiyu in 1987 TV series Dream of the Red Chamber.
However, Chen did not stay in the entertainment industry for long. She decided to begin a career in advertising. At the time, she was the General Manager for Shi Bang Advertisement Co. Ltd. and Shi Bang Culture Development Co. Ltd.
- 1984-1987 entering to China Central Television, "Dream of Red Mansions" crew, to play the role of Lin Daiyu
- 1988 entering to Shanghai TV, "Home Spring and Autumn" to play the role of Counsin Mei
- 1998 She became the general manager and director of Beijing Cultural Development Co, Ltd
- 2004 She was named "China's "30 outstanding women in advertising" in the competition of "China's Advertising Billboard"
Before the shooting of "Dream of Red Mansions" was completed, she married her boyfriend who she had been in contact with for many several years and was her colleague in Anshan Modern Drama truope, receiving a marriage certificate. But marriage can't save her first love, and constant life friction and the wander of the remote place finally broke the once beautiful fairy. The student of Beijing Film Academy, Hao Tong, appeared in her world later on. He is handsome and tall, made the acquaintance with Chen due to the graduate work, then followed "his sister" until entering the wedding. However they both chose to flee to Buddhism at last.
- Wang Yan, Chen Xiaoxu: A Real Life Dream Girl Archived May 18, 2007, at the Wayback Machine., Women of China, September 15, 2006.
- Zhu Linyong, Search for inner peace, China Daily, March 13, 2007.
- Guan Xiaomeng, Report: Lin Daiyu actress dies, China Daily, May 17, 2007. Chen Xiaoxu Foundation was established according to her wish.