Logo of Chengdu Metro
|Owner||City of Chengdu China|
|Locale||Chengdu, Sichuan, China|
|Transit type||Rapid transit|
|Number of lines||6|
(7 more under construction)
|Number of stations||171|
|Daily ridership||3.1713 million (2018 Avg.)|
4.4836 million (2019 Peak)
|Annual ridership||1158 million (2018)|
|Began operation||27 September 2010|
(10 September 2010 Public Trial)
|Operator(s)||Chengdu Rail Transit Group|
|System length||226 km (140 mi)|
|Track gauge||1,435 mm (4 ft 8 1⁄2 in) standard gauge|
|Electrification||1500 V DC overhead lines|
Chengdu Metro is the rapid transit system of Chengdu, the capital of Sichuan Province, China. The system has six lines in operation. Line 1 was opened on 27 September 2010, making it the first heavy-rail metro line in southwest China. (Chongqing Rail Transit Line 2 opened first in 2005 but is Heavy-Monorail) Line 2 began operations in September 2012. Line 4 opened to public at the end of December 2015, while Line 3 opened in July 2016. Metro lines are operated by Chengdu Rail Transit Group Company Limited. There are currently over 350 km (220 mi) of subway lines under construction in Chengdu.
- 1 History
- 2 Network
- 3 Rolling stock and technology
- 4 Network expansion
- 5 Other rail transport in Chengdu
- 6 Notes
- 7 References
- 8 External links
In 1985, the Chengdu Planning Bureau set up an integrated transportation planning office which began the process of the planning for a rapid transit network for Chengdu. By 1992, a proposal for the subway was sent to the National Planning Commission and was subsequently rejected. In 2004 before the approval of the National Development and Reform Commission Chengdu started reconstructing Tianfu Square with provisions for Tianfu Square station. The first phase of Chengdu Metro, consisting of Lines 1 and 2, were approved by the NDRC on September 11, 2005.
- Chengdu Metro's first subway line, Line 1, started construction on December 28, 2005.
- Construction of Line 2 began on 29 December 2007.
- On May 2009 the NDRC approved the addition of a western and eastern extension of Line 2, and the first phase of Lines 3 and 4 to be included into Phase 1.
- Line 1 opened on 27 September 2010.
- Construction of the first phase of Line 4 started construction on 22 July 2011.
- On April 25, 2012, Line 3 was approved by the Development and Reform Commission
- On January 16, 2012, the National Development and Reform Commission officially approved the southern extension of Line 1.
- On April 28, 2012, Line 3 started construction.
- On June 8, 2013, Line 2 West Extension to Xipu, and Ocean Park Station on Line 1 was opened. Ocean Park was then renamed to Jincheng Plaza.
- On October 26, 2014, Line 2 East Extension to Longquanyi opened.
- On July 25, 2015, Line 1 South Extension was opened.
- On December 10, 2015, Line 4 phase 1 was opened.
- On July 31, 2016, Line 3 phase 1 was opened marking the completion of the first phase.
- On May 2009, the NDRC approved the second phase of expansion for the Chengdu Metro consisting Line 1 Phase 3, Line 3 Phase 2 and 3, Line 4 Phase 2, Line 5 Phase 1 and 2, Line 6 Phase 1, Line 7, Line 10 Phase 1, and Line 18. In total Phase 2 consists of 183.3 kilometers of subway.
- On June 4, 2014, Line 10 Phase 1 started construction.
- On August 2015, Line 5 Phase 1 started construction.
- On June 2, 2017, Line 4 phase 2 was opened.
- On September 6, 2017, Line 10 phase 1 was opened.
- On December 6, 2017, Line 7 was opened.
- On March 18, 2018, Line 1 phase 3 was opened.
- On December 26, 2018, Line 3 Phase 2 and 3 was opened.
- On July 11, 2016, the NDRC approved the third phase of expansion for the Chengdu Metro consisting of Line 6 phase 2 and 3, Line 8, Line 9, Line 10 Phase 2, Line 17 Phase 1 and Line 18.
- On December 31, 2016, Lines 8, 9 and the second phase of Line 10 started construction.
- On August 16, 2016, Line 18 started construction.
- On February 2017 (Chengdu Metro) Ltd (成都地铁有限责任公司) changed its name to Chengdu Rail Transit Group Co. Ltd (成都轨道交通集团有限公司).
- On February 2017, Line 17 started construction.
- The Fourth Phase is currently under review by the NDRC. It currently consists of Line 8 Phase 2 East and West Extension, Line 10 Phase 3, Line 13 Phase 1, Line 17 Phase 2, Line 18 Phase 3, Line 19 Phase 2, Line 27 Phase 1, Line 30 Phase 1 and Line 33. Phase 4 consists of 198.55 kilometers of subway with a target completion date of 2025 expanding the Chengdu Metro to 714 km.
There are six lines operated covering 226 km (140 mi) with 171 stations including 14 interchange stations.
|Chengdu Medical College
|Shuangliu West Station
|Shuangliu International Airport Terminal 2
The first phase of Line 1 cost 7 billion yuan to construct. A natural ventilation system has been used in the construction of the underground section of Line 1 on the subway system from Southern Third Ring Road to Chengdu New Exhibition and Convention Center. Square ventilation units are built every 30m along the subway top to allow fresh air from the ground enter the construction site underground. The method is used in subway construction in other countries as it cuts the construction cost and it saves energy. The subway system is the first in China to adopt such a ventilation system during construction. Chengdu Metro is planning to set up a section for subway fire control and introduce the latest fire fighting technologies and vehicles. Line 1's color is dark blue.
Line 3 is a crosstown northeast-southwest trunk route. It started operation on 31 July 2016. Line 3's color is magenta.
Line 4 is a crosstown east-west trunk route, serving the Chengdu West Railway Station. It started operation on 26 December 2015. Line 4's color is green.
Line 7 is a circle route which runs around downtown Chengdu. It started operation on 6 December 2017. Line 7's color is sky blue.
Line 10 is an express route, serving Chengdu Shuangliu International Airport. It started operation on 6 September 2017. Line 10's color is blue.
Rolling stock and technology
Lines 1, 2 , 3 and 4 of the Chengdu Metro use six car stainless steel Type B trains with a total length of 120 meters and width 2.8 meters. The capacity of each train set is 1,460 people with a crush load capacity of 1,880 passengers. All trains have a maximum operating speed of 80 km/h. Lines 1 and 2 use CRRC Qingdao Sifang and CRRC Chengdu trains. Trains on Line 3 and 4 are manufactured by CRRC Changchun Railway Vehicles and CRRC Chengdu. In 2008, Chengdu Metro in anticipation of the opening of Line 1, purchased and initial order of 17 six car trains sets from CRRC Qingdao Sifang. In April 2011, a further order was announced for trains from CRRC for Line 2, taking the total to 59 six car sets.
In response to congestion and high ridership, Lines 7 and 10 are equipped with higher capacity six car aluminum alloy Type A trains. The total length of 140 meters and width is 3 meters. All trains have a maximum operating speed of 80 km/h. The capacity of each train set is 1,828 passengers with a crush load capacity of 2,488 passengers. Line 7 trains are designed and managed by CRRC Qingdao Sifang with CRRC Chengdu performing manufacturing and assembly.
Lines under construction
It is expected that Chengdu will have built about 291 km (181 mi) of subway lines in 2020. In 2017 the first phases Lines 8, 9, 11, 17 and Line 10 (Phase 2) started construction, the length of subway under construction in Chengdu totaling 400 km (250 mi).
|Est. Opening||Line #||Phase #||Termini||Length (km)||Stations||Notes|
|December 2019||Phase 1||Huagui Road||Qilong||39.2||35|
|Phase 2||Shuangliu Airport Terminal 2||Xinping||27.25||10|
|June 2020||Phase 1||South Railway Station||Tianfu New Station||41.2||7|
|Phase 2||Sancha||Tianfu Airport Terminals 1 & 2||25.63||4|
|October 2020||[a]||Phase 1||Jinxing||Jitouqiao||26.145||9|
|December 2020||Phase 1, 2||Sichuan National University Film & Television College||Guandong Road||47.4||38|
|Phase 3||Guandong Road||Lanjiagou||21.97||18|
|Phase 1||Sanse Road||Huangtianba||23.9||11|
Other rail transport in Chengdu
Trams in Chengdu
A tram line in Chengdu open to public in 2018, from Hexin Road to Chenguang. The tram line is included in the Chengdu Metro's official map.
High-speed intercity rail in Chengdu
There are also two high-speed intercity railways in Chengdu, not part of Chengdu Metro system and not included in Chengdu Metro's official map: the Chengdu–Dujiangyan intercity railway and Chengdu–Pujiang intercity railway. They are operated by Chengdu Metropolitan Railway Company Limited, which is China's first joint venture between a local government and China's national rail operator. The city and the Ministry of Railways worked together in building high-speed intercity rail lines.
- Including Phase 1 of Line 19.
- 成都地铁运营 (2019-02-02). 成都地铁2018年绿色出行报告. 搜狐 (in Chinese). Retrieved 2019-02-02.
- 成都地铁 (2019-02-20). 新春献礼！成都地铁线网客流再破纪录. 新浪微博 (in Chinese). Retrieved 2019-02-20.
- http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/china/2010-09/27/content_11355596.htm, China Daily, 2010-09-27
- 9元穿越成都东西 成都地铁四号线二期开通试运营-新华网. Retrieved 2017-06-02.
- 成都地铁梦想到现实的记忆切片. www.honglian88.com. Retrieved 2018-08-10.
- 四川在线 - 总工于波缺席首发 给1号线打90分. sichuan.scol.com.cn. Retrieved 2018-08-10.
- 天府“地铁总站”占了地宫两层[图]_新闻频道. news.sohu.com. Retrieved 2018-08-11.
- 成都地铁1号线最迟明年6月全面开建(图)_网易新闻. news.163.com. Retrieved 2018-08-11.
- 成都开通我国西部地区首条地铁 (in Chinese). Xinhua News. 27 September 2010. Retrieved 2010-09-27.
- "Archived copy" 成都地铁二号线一期工程本月16日开通试运营 (in Chinese). Sichuan Online. 13 September 2012. Archived from the original on 6 May 2014. Retrieved 13 September 2012.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- 成都市城市快速轨道交通建设规划(2005-2015)调整方案通过批准. www.ndrc.gov.cn (in Chinese). Retrieved 2018-08-11.
- 成都进入地铁时代 市民体验1号线开通试运营 (in Chinese). Sichuan Online. 24 August 2010. Archived from the original on 26 January 2016. Retrieved 27 September 2010.
- 成都地铁4号线获发改委批复 10月正式开建 (in Chinese). Sichuan Online. 22 July 2011. Retrieved 2011-07-22.
- 成都地铁3号线一期工程获批 最高时速80公里 (in Chinese). 华西都市报. 27 April 2012. Retrieved 2012-04-27.
- 成都地铁1号线南延线获国家发改委批复 (in Chinese). 四川新闻网. 29 August 2012. Retrieved 2012-08-29.
- "Archived copy" 成都地铁3号线一期获批 明日开工设15站点 (in Chinese). 新华网四川频道. 27 April 2012. Archived from the original on 23 May 2012. Retrieved 28 April 2012.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- 成都市城市轨道交通近期建设规划（2013～2020年）通过批准. www.ndrc.gov.cn (in Chinese). Retrieved 2018-08-11.
- 成都地铁10号线一期启动建设 2号线东延线10月有望开通试运营_本网原创_四川新闻_四川在线. sichuan.scol.com.cn (in Chinese). Retrieved 2018-08-19.
- 成都地铁5号线开建 北起新都南至天府新区2019年开通 -四川新闻-四川新闻网. scnews.newssc.org. Retrieved 2018-08-19.
- 成都地铁4号线二期正式开通试运营，移动电子支付系统即日起用于全线网 (in Chinese). Chengdu Metro. 2017-06-02. Retrieved 2017-06-02.
- 通车！地铁10号线一期今天试运营 “最成都号”上线首发 (in Chinese). 163.com news Sichuan. 2017-09-06. Retrieved 2017-09-06.
- 成都地铁7号线正式开通试运营 (in Chinese). Sichuan Online]. 2017-12-06. Retrieved 2017-12-06.
- 成都地铁1号线三期今日9点开通试运营 (in Chinese). Sichuan Online]. 2018-03-18. Retrieved 2018-03-18.
- 双流新都居民喜提成都地铁3号线二三期：晚上都可以去逛春熙路了 (in Chinese). Sina Sichuan]. 2018-12-26. Retrieved 2018-12-26.
- 关于成都市城市轨道交通第三期建设规划(2016～2020年)的批复(发改基础〔2016〕1493号). www.ndrc.gov.cn. Retrieved 2018-08-19.
- 网易. 成都地铁8号线一期9号线一期10号线二期正式开工_网易新闻. news.163.com. Retrieved 2018-08-19.
- 成都地铁18号线一期工程昨日正式开工-Chengdu Municipal Development and Reform Commission. www.cddrc.gov.cn. Retrieved 2018-08-19.
- 成都地铁17号线一期开建 预计2020年通车_网易新闻. news.163.com. Retrieved 2018-08-19.
- 成都地铁第四期建设规划拟上报 轨道交通线路约283.3公里-Chengdu Municipal Development and Reform Commission. www.cddrc.gov.cn. Retrieved 2018-08-19.
- 成都市轨道交通第四期建设规划通过初审. news.sina.com.cn. Retrieved 2018-10-06.
- Huang Zhiling and Bao Xinyan, Work begins on new metro schemes, China Daily, 2005-12-29
- Chengdu Municipal Government, Subway to Adopt Natural Ventilation Archived 30 September 2007 at the Wayback Machine, Retrieved on 2007-03-13
- 成都地铁2号线今日正式开通试运营. Archived from the original on 19 December 2012. Retrieved 16 September 2012.
- 成都地铁1号线南延线接触网成功送电 (in Chinese). 中国中铁. 2014-12-16. Retrieved 2014-12-16.
- 成都地铁3号线延长线19个站点公布 南起双流北通新都 (in Chinese). Sichuan Online. 2015-01-13. Retrieved 2015-01-13.
- 成都地铁4号线二期工程全线接触网“电通” (in Chinese). 成都地铁. 2016-12-10. Retrieved 2016-12-10.
- “最成都”地铁车成功试跑 取名“天府神韵”(图) -四川新闻-四川新闻网. scnews.newssc.org. Retrieved 2018-10-07.
- 明年2月 成都市民将坐上“成都造”地铁. news.chengdu.cn. Retrieved 2018-10-07.
- 成都地铁4号线二期车辆有望10月全部交付使用_四川新闻_蓉城聚焦_四川在线. sichuan.scol.com.cn. Retrieved 2018-10-07.
- 网易. 来了！地铁列车开到成都了(图)_网易新闻. news.163.com. Retrieved 2018-10-07.
- "Chengdu Metro orders more cars". 7 April 2011. Retrieved 2011-04-08.
- 成都地铁7号线列车下线 315天刷新“成都速度”. sc.sina.com.cn. Retrieved 2018-10-07.
- 2020年 成都市轨道交通运营网总规模约291公里 (in Chinese). Sichuan Online]. 9 November 2012. Archived from the original on 6 January 2014. Retrieved 9 November 2012.
- Template:Cite -web
- 全国首家地铁合资公司9月10日将在成都诞生 (in Chinese). Chengdu Post. 4 September 2010. Retrieved 2010-09-06.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Chengdu Metro.|