|This article does not cite any references or sources. (March 2012)|
|Chennai Central Mysore Shatabdi Express|
|Service type||Superfast, Shatabdi Express|
|Current operator(s)||Southern Railways|
|Distance travelled||500 km (311 mi)|
|Service frequency||6 days a week except Wednesday.|
|Class(es)||AC 1st Class, AC Chair Car|
|Catering facilities||No Pantry Car Coach attached but available|
|Observation facilities||LHB Coaches|
|Rolling stock||Standard Indian Railway LHB Shatabdi coaches|
|Track gauge||1,676 mm (5 ft 6 in)|
|Operating speed||140 km/h (87 mph) maximum
,70.59 km/h (44 mph), including halts
The 12007 / 08 Chennai Central Mysore Shatabdi Express is a Superfast express train of the Shatabdi Express category belonging to Indian Railways - Southern Railway zone that runs between Chennai Central and Mysore Junction in India. It is the first Shatabdi Express in South India.
The 12007 / 08 Chennai Central Mysore Shatabdi Express presently has 1 AC First Class, 8 AC Chair Car & 2 End on Generator coaches. It does not carry a Pantry car coach but catering is arranged on board the train.
As is customary with most train services in India, Coach Composition may be amended at the discretion of Indian Railways depending on demand.
The 12007 Chennai Central Mysore Shatabdi Express covers the distance of 500 kilometres in 07 hours 00 mins (71.43 km/hr) & in 07 hours 10 mins as 12008 Mysore Chennai Central Shatabdi Express (69.77 km/hr).
As the route is yet to be fully electrified, it is hauled from Chennai Central until Bangalore City Junction by a Arakkonam based WAM 4 or WAP 1 handing over to a Hubli based WDP 4 which powers the train for the remainder of its entire journey.
- "SHATABDI TRAIN LIST". indianrail.gov.in. Retrieved 2014-05-30.
- "12007 Chennai Central- MYSORE shatabdi express leaving chennai central. - YouTube". youtube.com. Retrieved 2014-05-30.
- "chennai mysore shatabdi - Google Search". google.co.in. Retrieved 2014-05-30.
- "Unappetising food irks Shatabdi passengers - The Hindu". thehindu.com. Retrieved 2014-05-30.
- "Mysore-Chennai commuters miss Shatabdi's luxe | Business Standard". business-standard.com. Retrieved 2014-05-30.
- "The Hindu : Karnataka / Mysore News : Composition of Chennai-Mysore Shatabdi Express changed". hindu.com. Retrieved 2014-05-30.
- "Welcome to Indian Railway Passenger reservation Enquiry". indianrail.gov.in. Retrieved 2014-04-05.
- "IRCTC Online Passenger Reservation System". irctc.co.in. Retrieved 2014-04-05.
- "[IRFCA] Welcome to IRFCA.org, the home of IRFCA on the internet.". irfca.org. Retrieved 2014-04-05.