Chennai Central–Mysuru Shatabdi Express
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Shatabdi Express at Mysuru Jn
|Service type||Inter-city rail (Shatabdi Express)|
|Current operator(s)||Southern Railways|
|Stops||2 (KPD, SBC)|
|Distance travelled||500 km (311 mi)|
|Average journey time||7 hours (Approx.)|
|Class(es)||AC 1st class, AC chair car|
|Seating arrangements||Open coach|
|Catering facilities||Yes, pantry car coach not attached but available|
|Observation facilities||LHB Coaches|
|Rolling stock||Standard Indian Railway LHB coaches|
|Track gauge||1,676 mm (5 ft 6 in)|
|Operating speed||140 km/h (87 mph) maximum,
80.43 km/h (50 mph) including halts
The 12007 / 08 Chennai Central – Mysuru Jn Shatabdi Express is a Superfast express train of the Shatabdi Express category belonging to Indian Railways, Southern Railway zone, that runs between Chennai Central and Mysore Junction in India. It is the first Shatabdi Express in South India.
Rake Composition & Coaches
The 12007 / 08 Chennai Central–Mysore Shatabdi Express presently has 1 AC first class, 8 AC chair car and 2 end on generator coaches. It does not carry a pantry car coach but catering is arranged on board the train.
As is customary with most train services in India, the coach composition may be amended at the discretion of Indian Railways depending on demand.
The train runs with modern LHB Coaches
The 12007 Chennai Central–Mysore Shatabdi Express covers the distance of 500 kilometres in 7 hours (81.43 km/h) and in 7 hours 10 minutes as 12008 Mysuru–Chennai Central Shatabdi Express (79.77 km/h).
As the average speed of the train is 80.43 km/h (50 mph), as per Indian Railway rules, its fare includes a Superfast surcharge.
The 12007 / 08 Chennai Central–Mysuru Shatabdi Express runs from Chennai Central with halts at Katpadi Junction and Bangalore City Junction to Mysuru Junction.
Being a Shatabdi class train, it returns to its originating station, Chennai Central, at the end of the day.
As the route is yet to be fully electrified, it is hauled from Chennai Central until Bengaluru City Junction by an Arakkonam based WAM 4 or WAP 1 handing over to a Hubli based WDP 4 which powers the train for the remainder of its entire journey.
- Train number 12007 runs from Chennai Central to Mysuru
- Train number 12008 runs from Mysore to Chennai Central
- "Chennai–Bengaluru Shatabdi Express/12027 Route Map Chennai/MAS to Bengaluru City (Bangalore)/SBC – India Rail Info". India Rail Info.
- "List of Shatabdi trains in Indian Railway". indianrail.gov.in. Retrieved 2014-05-30.
- "Unappetising food irks Shatabdi passengers – The Hindu". thehindu.com. Retrieved 2014-05-30.
- "Mysore–Chennai commuters miss Shatabdi's luxe | Business Standard". business-standard.com. Retrieved 2014-05-30.
- "The Hindu : Karnataka / Mysore News : Composition of Chennai–Mysore Shatabdi Express changed". hindu.com. Retrieved 2014-05-30.
- "Welcome to Indian Railway Passenger reservation Enquiry". indianrail.gov.in. Archived from the original on 8 April 2014. Retrieved 2014-04-05.
- "IRCTC Online Passenger Reservation System". irctc.co.in. Retrieved 2014-04-05.
- "[IRFCA] Welcome to IRFCA.org, the home of IRFCA on the internet.". irfca.org. Retrieved 2014-04-05.