Chennai - Bangalore Double Decker Express
|Locale||Tamil Nadu and Karnataka and Andhra pradesh|
|First service||25 April 2013|
|Current operator(s)||Southern Railway|
|Start||Puratchi Thalaivar Dr. M.G. Ramachandran Central Railway Station (MAS)|
|End||Krantivira Sangolli Rayanna railway station (SBC)|
|Distance travelled||362 km|
|Train number(s)||22625 / 22626|
|Class(es)||AC CC 10|
|Observation facilities||Large windows|
|Track gauge||Broad Gauge|
|Operating speed||Average - 60.3 km/h|
The Puratchi Thalaivar Dr. M.G. Ramachandran Central Railway Station - Krantivira Sangolli Rayanna Bangaluru Station AC Double Decker Express is a Superfast Express connecting Chennai and Bengaluru. It is the first AC Double Decker Express in South India.
This is the first AC Double Decker train B/W Puratchi Thalaivar Dr. M.G. Ramachandran Central Railway Station and Krantivira Sangolli Rayanna railway station. This train uses LHB coaches. A Rayapuram WAP - 7 & Arakkonam WAP - 4 locomotive, one of the powerful locomotives of Indian Railways, is used to haul it. WAP - 7 30332 of Royapuram electric loco shed got the honour of hauling the Inaugural Special.
This train comprises AC Double Decker Chair Car[CC] 8 & 2 Luggage/Parcel and Generator cum Brake van which is provided with the Guards' cabin. Total coach composition is 10.
All the coaches have three different levels and are fitted with semi-reclining cushion seats.
The train stops at Arakkonam Junction, Katpadi Junction, Ambur, Vaniyambadi, Jolarpettai Junction, Kuppam, Bangarpet, Krishnarajapuram, Bangalore Cantt. And the Train No.22626 also stops at Perambur towards Puratchi Thalaivar Dr. M.G. Ramachandran Central Railway Station.
The train has 8 AC Chair cars, 2 power cars (Total 10 coaches)
- "South India's first double-decker train goes on trial run in Bangalore". The Indian Express. 25 February 2013.
- "It is the first air-conditioned double-decker train in south India". The Hindu. 26 April 2013.
- "Enjoy double-decker train ride to Chennai". Deccan Herald. 24 February 2013.
- "Welcome to Indian Railway Passenger reservation Enquiry". Indianrail.gov.in. Archived from the original on 8 April 2014. Retrieved 2014-01-18.
- "Chennai-Bangalore AC double decker express train starts operations - Chennai-Bangalore AC double decker express train starts operations | The Economic Times". Economictimes.indiatimes.com. 25 April 2013. Retrieved 18 January 2014.