The performance of Cheoyongmu being depicted in Gisa gyecheop (기사계첩)
Cheoyongmu is a representative Korean mask dance based on the legend of Cheoyeong (처용, 處容), a son of the Dragon King of the Eastern Sea. It is also the oldest surviving Korean court dance created during the Unified Silla period. Cheoyongmu also has been considered as a shamanistic dance because it was performed to drive off evil spirits at the end of the year.
- Korean dance
- Korean mask
- Korean mythology
- Samguk Yusa
- Akhak Gwebeom
- Korean shamanism
- Important Intangible Cultural Properties of Korea
- Judy Van Zile (2001). Perspectives on Korean Dance. Ch'ŏyongmu. Wesleyan University Press. pp. 65p–109p. ISBN 0-8195-6494-X.
- Jeon Kyung-Wook (전경욱) (December 2006). "The performances and the folklore related to the Cheoyongmu played in each region (처용무의 성립과 각 지방의 관련 민속연희 및 민속)" (in Korean) (44). Korean Folk Studies (韓國民俗學). Cite journal requires
- Lee Hueng-Goo (이흥구) (2000). Cheoyongmu, Important Intangible Cultural Property No.39 (처용무, 중요 무형 문화재 제 39호) (in Korean). Hwasan Publishing (화산문화사). ISBN 89-86277-36-0.
- 李勝烈. 處容舞의 歷史的 傳承과 酸邪의 特徵 (in Korean). 국립국악원.
- Prof. Park, Jaehui (2006-05-24). "Finding Korean dance:Cheoyong legend and Cheoyongmu 1 (우리춤을 찾아서● 처용설화와 처용무1)" (in Korean). Dongyang newspaper.
- Prof. Park, Jaehui (2006-05-24). "Finding Korean dance:Cheoyong legend and Cheoyongmu 3 (우리춤을 찾아서● 처용설화와 처용무1)" (in Korean). Dongyang newspaper.
- Prof. Park, Jaehui (2006-06-28). "Finding Korean dance:Cheoyongmu during Goryeo dynasty and Obang Cheoyongmu during Joseon era 1 (고려시대의 처용무와 조선조의 오방처용무 1)" (in Korean). Dongyang newspaper.
- Prof. Kim, Daesik (2007-04-19). '처용'이라는 수수께끼 1 (in Korean). Pressian.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Cheoyongmu.|
- General description, images and video clip of the Cheoyongmu at Ministry of Culture and Tourism (South Korea)
|This Korea-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This dance-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|