Cheragi Pahar Circle
|Nickname(s): Cheragi More, Cheragi Square|
|• Mayor||A J M Nasir Uddin|
|• City Mayor||Chittagong City Corporation|
|Time zone||BST (UTC+06:00)|
Cheragi Pahar (sometimes written Cheragee Pahar) is a cultural and historical place located at Chittagong, Bangladesh. Most of the cultural activities of Chittagong and related business were established in the place. Some parts of the region Momin Road are the part of Cheragee Pahar Circle.
The poets, authors, little magazine activist, artists, musicians, journalists, dramatist, model and cultural workers gather at Cheragee Pahar Circle every day. Pohela Boishakh, Pohela Falgun is celebrated in every year at the place.
In 2012, a site specific art exhibition held at the place, where young artists and curator experiments with new art forms and media in his exhibitions.
Media and communications
Several newspapers, including daily newspapers, opposition newspaper, business newspapers based in Chittagong are published from the place. Various little magazines are also published and distributed from Cheragi Pahar. BEside the newspapers offices, cultural-book shops can also be found here.
- "Cheragi Pahar, Jamal khan". wikimapia.org. Retrieved 2013-06-21.
- "Cheragee Pahar Circle Locations". en.wikigogo.org. Retrieved 2013-06-21.
- "Cheragi Pahar". bd.geoview.info. bd.geoview.info. Retrieved June 9, 2016.
- "Addaru gathering at Cheragi". daily-sun.com. 11 January 2011. Archived from the original on 20 May 2014. Retrieved 21 June 2013.
- "Pahela Falgun celebrated in Chittagong". bssnews.net. 13 February 2013. Archived from the original on 24 June 2013. Retrieved 21 June 2013.
- Fayeka Zabeen Siddiqua (January 9, 2015). "Taking on the Art World". The Daily Star (Bangladesh). Retrieved June 9, 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Cheragi Pahar.|
|This Chittagong Division location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|