Cherepovets State University
Cherepovets State University is an educational institution in the Vologda region of Russia. It was founded in 1996 as the Cherepovets State Industrial Institute and Pedagogical Institute. It hosts more than 5,000 students.
The university has the following institutes:
- Humanities Institute,
- Institute of Pedagogics and Psychology,
- Institute of Metallurgy and Chemistry,
- Institute of Economics and Engineering,
- Institute of Extra-Mural Education.
Admission into the university is based on performance in the Unified State Exam. The UST measures the student’s ability to perform in a university setting. In addition, an applicant submits a written application and a school-leaving certificate.
University life begins with a solemn ceremony, initiating freshmen into the students. The rector, vice-rectors and deans make speeches and congratulate students on their new status. The monitors hand out student membership cards, student record books and library cards.
- Cherepovets State University on the Interactive Map
- http://www.university-directory.eu/Russian-Federation-%28Russia%29/Cherepovets-State-University.html#.UdRXVZyjs3U (Contact Information)
|This Russian university, college or other education institution article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|