|Born||1977 (age 38–39)
|Residence||Los Angeles, California|
|Other names||Cherry Cheva, Cherry C., C.C.|
|Alma mater||Yale University
New York University Law School
|Occupation||Writer, editor, producer, author|
|Home town||Ann Arbor, Michigan|
Cherry Chevapravatdumrong (Thai: เชอร์รี่ ชีวประวัติดำรงค์; rtgs: Choe-ri Chiwaprawatdamrong;//; also known as Cherry Cheva, born 1977) is a Thai American author, and co-executive producer of Family Guy.
Chevapravatdumrong, a Thai American, was born in Columbus, Ohio and raised in Ann Arbor, Michigan, graduating from Huron High School in 1995. She majored in psychology at Yale University, where she wrote for the Yale Record, Yale's humor magazine. She later earned a Juris Doctor degree from New York University Law School, where she was a member of the NYU Law Revue. During law school, she spent her summers working at law firms and her winter breaks waiting tables at her parents' restaurant. She then moved to Los Angeles to pursue writing. Before working on Family Guy, she was a writer's assistant on Listen Up!
Her last name was used in its entirety in the episode "And I'm Joyce Kinney" as the real last name of Joyce Kinney.
In the episode "Jesus, Mary and Joseph!", Peter breaks the fourth wall by rearranging the letters of her name in the opening credits to say "Chemotherapy vanguard vCr" (with one 'r' left over, which he throws at Lois when she points this out.)
She has written the following episodes of Family Guy:
- "Sibling Rivalry"
- "Saving Private Brian
- "Prick Up Your Ears"
- "Boys Do Cry"
- "Ocean's Three and a Half"
- "We Love You, Conrad"
- "Hannah Banana"
- "And Then There Were Fewer"
- "It's a Trap!"
- "The Blind Side"
- "Friends Without Benefits"
- "Quagmire's Quagmire"
- "Turkey Guys"
- "Candy, Quahog Marshmallow"
As executive story editor:
- "Barely Legal"
- "Chick Cancer"
- "Bill and Peter's Bogus Journey"
- "The Tan Aquatic with Steve Zissou"
- "No Meals on Wheels"
- "Airport '07"
As story editor:
- "Road to Germany"
- "The Man with Two Brians"
- "Baby Not on Board"
- "I Dream of Jesus"
- "Love Blactually"
- "Long John Peter"
- "The Former Life of Brian"
- "Play it Again, Brian"
- "Back to the Woods"
- "Three Kings"
- "Spies Reminiscent of Us"
- "Go Stewie Go"
- "Quagmire's Dad"
- "Family Gay"
- "Something, Something, Something Dark Side"
- "Mr. & Mrs. Stewie"
- It takes a Village Idiot, and I Married One. Harper. 2007. ISBN 0061143324. with Alex Borstein
- She's So Money. Harper. 2009. ISBN 978-0061288531.
- DupliKate. Harper. 2009. ISBN 978-0061288548.
- Daniel Robert Epstein (2007-05-08). "Family Guy writer Cherry Chevapravatdumrong". Suicide Girls. Retrieved 2009-12-29.
- The Yale Record. New Haven: Yale Record. December, 1995. p. 3.
- Sheila Pursglove (2010-01-08). "Laugh Track Lawyer". LegalNews. Retrieved 2012-11-25.
- "Interview: Cherry Cheva". Bildungsroman. 2008-06-11. Retrieved 2009-12-29.
- "Birthday Extravaganza: Cherry Cheva". Chick Lit Teens. 2009-10-15. Retrieved 2010-01-03.
|This article about an American screenwriter is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|