Cherry Grove–Shannon Township, Carroll County, Illinois
Cherry Grove-Shannon Township
Location in Carroll County
Carroll County's location in Illinois
|• Supervisor||Kenneth Moll|
|• Total||53.31 sq mi (138.1 km2)|
|• Land||53.3 sq mi (138 km2)|
|• Water||0.01 sq mi (0.03 km2) 0.02%|
|Elevation||932 ft (284 m)|
| • Estimate |
|• Density||27.9/sq mi (10.8/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (CST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 53.31 square miles (138.1 km2), of which 53.3 square miles (138 km2) (or 99.98%) is land and 0.01 square miles (0.026 km2) (or 0.02%) is water.
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
The township contains these five cemeteries: Brethren, Cherry Grove Brethren, Saint Wendelin, Shell and Spring Valley.
Airports and landing strips
- Block Airport
- Kenneth Moll Airport
- Swan Valley Farm Airport
|U.S. Decennial Census|
- Eastland Community Unit School District 308
- Pearl City Community Unit School District 200
- Illinois' 16th congressional district
- State House District 89
- State Senate District 45
- "Cherry Grove-Shannon Township, Carroll County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-04.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2016.
- ""Dream of a Devotee of Fashion": An essay for the Woman's Century Club Magazine by Emily Inez Denny (1899) : HistoryLink.org Essay 10385". HistoryLink.org- the Free Online Encyclopedia of Washington State History. 2013-05-08. Retrieved 2014-07-07.