Cherry Grove, formerly Cherry Grove Station, is an unincorporated community in Madison Township, Montgomery County, in the U.S. state of Indiana.
Cherry Grove was established in 1851 as a railroad switch. The community was likely named after the wild cherry trees in the area.
Cherry Grove is located at 40°08′08″N 86°54′16″W / 40.13556°N 86.90444°W.
- ^ "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. October 25, 2007. Retrieved 2017-05-09.
- ^ "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- ^ Andreas, Alfred Theodore (1876). "Montgomery County". Illustrated Historical Atlas of the State of Indiana. Chicago: Baskin, Forster & Company.
- ^ "Cherry Grove, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved July 17, 2017.
- ^ Baker, Ronald L. (October 1995). From Needmore to Prosperity: Hoosier Place Names in Folklore and History. Indiana University Press. p. 93. ISBN 978-0-253-32866-3.