Cherry Hill Mall, New Jersey
Cherry Hill Mall, New Jersey
Map of Cherry Hill Mall CDP in Camden County. Inset: Location of Camden County in New Jersey.
|• Total||3.646 sq mi (9.443 km2)|
|• Land||3.642 sq mi (9.433 km2)|
|• Water||0.004 sq mi (0.009 km2) 0.10%|
|Elevation||36 ft (11 m)|
|• Density||3,890.7/sq mi (1,502.2/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||02389309|
Cherry Hill Mall is an unincorporated community and census-designated place (CDP) located within Cherry Hill Township, in Camden County, New Jersey, United States. As of the 2010 United States Census, the CDP population was 14,171.
According to the United States Census Bureau, Cherry Hill Mall had a total area of 3.646 square miles (9.443 km2), including 3.642 square miles (9.433 km2) of it is land and 0.004 square miles (0.009 km2) of water (0.10%).
|Sources: 2000 2010|
The 2010 United States Census counted 14,171 people, 5,563 households, and 3,749 families in the CDP. The population density was 3,890.7 inhabitants per square mile (1,502.2/km2). There were 5,941 housing units at an average density of 1,631.1 per square mile (629.8/km2). The racial makeup was 74.20% (10,515) White, 7.69% (1,090) Black or African American, 0.16% (22) Native American, 12.93% (1,832) Asian, 0.01% (2) Pacific Islander, 2.26% (320) from other races, and 2.75% (390) from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 7.16% (1,014) of the population.
Of the 5,563 households, 28.3% had children under the age of 18; 52.8% were married couples living together; 10.8% had a female householder with no husband present and 32.6% were non-families. Of all households, 26.9% were made up of individuals and 11.4% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.52 and the average family size was 3.11.
21.7% of the population were under the age of 18, 7.5% from 18 to 24, 26.0% from 25 to 44, 28.1% from 45 to 64, and 16.6% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 41.1 years. For every 100 females, the population had 90.6 males. For every 100 females ages 18 and older there were 87.2 males.
As of the 2000 United States Census there were 13,238 people, 5,062 households, and 3,649 families residing in Cherry Hill Mall. The population density was 1,381.4/km2 (3,581.8/mi2). There were 5,219 housing units at an average density of 544.6/km2 (1,412.1/mi2). The racial makeup of the CDP was 83.15% White, 5.05% African American, 0.05% Native American, 9.03% Asian, 0.08% Pacific Islander, 1.10% from other races, and 1.54% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 3.01% of the population.
There were 5,062 households, out of which 29.6% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 59.3% were married couples living together, 9.6% had a female householder with no husband present, and 27.9% were non-families. 24.0% of all households were made up of individuals, and 12.5% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.56 and the average family size was 3.05.
In Cherry Hill Mall the population was spread out, with 22.5% under the age of 18, 5.5% from 18 to 24, 26.1% from 25 to 44, 25.4% from 45 to 64, and 20.5% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 42 years. For every 100 females there were 89.1 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 85.6 males.
The median income for a household in Cherry Hill Mall was $61,620, and the median income for a family was $69,441. Males had a median income of $51,118 versus $34,355 for females. The per capita income for Cherry Hill Mall was $28,892. About 3.6% of families and 4.8% of the population were below the poverty line, including 5.9% of those under age 18 and 3.9% of those age 65 or over.
The District is a section of Cherry Hill with a high concentration of retail and dining entities. Inside The District contains the Cherry Hill Mall, shopping plazas, hotels, big box stores, dining amenities, and a large regional strip mall at the intersection of Route 70 and Haddonfield Road. The District is located in the vicinity of Route 38, Haddonfield Road, and Route 70 and is within 20 minutes of Center City Philadelphia and Camden, New Jersey. The area is prone to subsequently higher levels of traffic congestion during the rush hour periods as well as weekends.
- Gazetteer of New Jersey Places, United States Census Bureau. Accessed July 21, 2016.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Cherry Hill Mall Census Designated Place, Geographic Names Information System. Accessed October 15, 2012.
- DP-1 - Profile of General Population and Housing Characteristics: 2010 Demographic Profile Data for Cherry Hill Mall CDP, New Jersey, United States Census Bureau. Accessed October 15, 2012.
- U.S. Census website, United States Census Bureau. Accessed September 4, 2014.
- US Board on Geographic Names, United States Geological Survey. Accessed September 4, 2014.
- New Jersey: 2010 - Population and Housing Unit Counts - 2010 Census of Population and Housing (CPH-2-32), United States Census Bureau, August 2012. Accessed October 15, 2012.
- US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990, United States Census Bureau. Accessed September 4, 2014.
- DP-1 - Profile of General Demographic Characteristics: 2000 from the Census 2000 Summary File 1 (SF 1) 100-Percent Data for Cherry Hill Mall CDP, New Jersey Archived 2020-02-12 at Archive.today, United States Census Bureau. Accessed October 15, 2012.