|Private limited company|
|Industry||Consumer electronics, telecommunication|
|Maynard Ngu (Founder, Chairman)|
Cherry Mobile is a Filipino mobile phone and electronics company founded by Maynard Ngu in 2008. Operated by Cosmic Technologies Incorporated, the company imports mobile phones manufactured by original design manufacturers in China and markets them under the Cherry Mobile brand. Later Cherry Mobile handsets come with Wi-Fi, capacitive touch screens and run on the Android, Firefox OS, Windows, and Windows Phone operating systems.
Apart from being the first legal mobile phone company to introduce phones with dual and triple Subscriber Identity Module (SIM) systems in the Philippines, it also marketed the first Windows-enabled phone in the country.
In 2015, Cherry Mobile, along with rival electronics firm MyPhone, partnered with Google for the Android One initiative, both of them releasing their respective devices based on Google's reference designs using MediaTek's quad-core MT6582 system-on-chip.
In June 2015, the company announced that they will be launching two Windows Phone handsets preloaded with Windows 10 Mobile, namely the Alpha Prime 4 and the Alpha Prime 5, which are slated to roll out on the second half of 2015. Both devices will come equipped with a 1.1 GHz quad core Qualcomm Snapdragon 210, support for WCDMA 900/2100, FDD-LTE B1/B3/B5/B7, and a 2 megapixel front-facing camera. The Alpha Prime 4 will have a 4-inch screen, a 5 megapixel main camera, 4 GB of ROM, and 512 MB of RAM, while the Alpha Prime 5 will have a 5-inch screen, 8 megapixel main camera, 8 GB of ROM and 1 GB of RAM.
On the same year, Cosmic Technologies introduced a new smartphone brand named Cubix, with its first product being the Cubix Cube. The Cubix brand is Cherry Mobile's response to the growing segment of budget-priced midrange phones, usually dominated by Chinese brands such as Lenovo. The Cubix Cube has 2 GB of RAM, 16 GB of ROM, a 13 megapixel rear camera and an 8 megapixel front camera. The phone also comes bundled with the Lazada app and is available through Lazada Philippines.
|This section requires expansion. (January 2013)|
- "Pinoy-owned phonemaker named IT firm for 2010". Philippine Star. 17 December 2010.
- Delos Reyes, Manny (16 December 2010). "Cherry Mobile goes upscale with new Android devices". Philippine Star.
- "Cherry Mobile to provide dual SIM technology at truly affordable prices". Manila Bulletin. 5 June 2009.
- "Cherry Mobile Eclipse Windows phone is coming". Manila Bulletin. 15 June 2010.
- MediaTek Teams With Google on Android One™ to Create Affordable Smartphones for Emerging Markets
- Montenegro, Bea (17 February 2015). "Google's Android One debuts in PHL, priced below P5k". GMA News Online (GMA Network). Retrieved 17 February 2015.
- Feist, Johnathan (17 February 2015). "Google is launching Android One devices in the Philippines next". Android Authority. Retrieved 17 February 2015.
- Callaham, John (3 June 2015). "The Cherry Mobile Alpha Prime 4 and 5 will be two of the first Windows 10 Mobile phones". Windows Central. Retrieved 4 June 2015.
- "Cherry Mobile Launches Alpha Prime, Windows 10 & LTE In Tow". YugaTech. 3 June 2015. Retrieved 4 June 2015.
- "Cherry Mobile launches smartphone brand CUBIX to be sold exclusively in Lazada". Manila Bulletin. 29 June 2015. Retrieved 10 July 2015.
|This mobile phone–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This technology article about a corporation or company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|