|Also called||Chery Cowin 3|
|Production||2006 – 2010|
|Assembly||Wuhu, Anhui, China|
Cairo, Egypt (Speranza)
Zaporizhia, Ukraine (ZAZ)
Taganrog, Russia (TagAZ)
Kaliningrad, Russia (Avtotor, 2006 to 2008)
|Body and chassis|
|Body style||4-door sedan|
|Engine||1.5 L SQR477F I4 (petrol)|
1.8 L SQR481FC I4 (petrol)
2.0 L SQR484F I4 (petrol)
|Wheelbase||2,600 mm (102.4 in)|
|Length||4,552 mm (179.2 in)|
|Width||1,750 mm (68.9 in)|
|Height||1,483 mm (58.4 in)|
|Curb weight||1,290 kg (2,844 lb)|
The Chery A5 is a compact car that was produced by the Chinese manufacturer Chery from 2006 to 2010. This car appears to take inspiration from the 2003-2007 Nissan Maxima, despite being unrelated. A facelifted variant of the A5 called the Cowin 3 was produced from 2010 to 2013.
The car is available with three engine options: a 1.6-litre engine, a 1.8-litre engine or a 2.0-litre engine. A hybrid version, named Chery A5ISG or A5BSG, is also produced. It is considered to be the first Chinese-designed mass-production hybrid vehicle. It is equipped with safety features such as ABS, EBD and ESP.
- 1.6 L (1,597 cc) maximum power: 87.5 kW (119.0 PS; 117.3 hp), maximum torque: 147 N⋅m (108 lb⋅ft), top speed: 180 km/h, fuel consumption at 90 km/h: 6.6 l/100 km (43 mpg‑imp; 36 mpg‑US)
- 1.8 L (1,845 cc) maximum power: 97 kW (132 PS; 130 hp), maximum torque: 170 N⋅m (130 lb⋅ft), top speed: 185 km/h, fuel consumption at 90 km/h: 6.8 l/100 km (42 mpg‑imp; 35 mpg‑US)
- 2.0 L (1,971 cc) maximum power: 102 kW (139 PS; 137 hp), maximum torque: 182 N⋅m (134 lb⋅ft), top speed with manual transmission: 230 km/h, top speed with automatic transmission: 180 km/h, fuel consumption at 90 km/h: 7.2 l/100 km (39 mpg‑imp; 33 mpg‑US)
- "ТагАЗ: Vortex Estina". Tagaz.ru. Retrieved 2012-01-15.
- "Aboul Fotouh". Speranza Egypt. Archived from the original on 2009-08-30. Retrieved 2012-01-15.
- https://web.archive.org/web/20140106065647/http://www.avtotor.ru/about/history.html. Archived from the original on January 6, 2014. Retrieved May 20, 2010. Missing or empty
- "The Chery A5 – China's First Hybrid Car". China Car Times. 2006-11-21. Archived from the original on 2011-11-10. Retrieved 2011-10-11.