|Also called||Chery Cowin 2
|Assembly||Wuhu, Anhui, China
Zaporizhia, Ukraine (ZAZ)
Kaliningrad, Russia (Avtotor, from 2006 to 2008)
Taganrog, Russia (TagAZ)
|Body and chassis|
|Body style||5-door liftback|
|Related||SEAT Toledo Mk. I|
|Engine||1.5 L SQR477F I4 (petrol)|
|Wheelbase||2,468 mm (97.2 in)|
|Length||4,393 mm (173.0 in)|
|Width||1,682 mm (66.2 in)|
|Height||1,424 mm (56.1 in)|
|Curb weight||1,140 kg (2,513 lb)|
The Chery A15 (simplified Chinese: 旗云; pinyin: Qiyun), also known as Cowin, Flagcloud or Amulet, is a subcompact car produced by the Chinese manufacturer Chery from 2003 to 2010. A facelifted variant was called the Cowin 2 and was sold from 2010 to 2016.
[] It is based on a restyling of the Chery A11 (also known as the Fengyun, or Windcloud), itself based on the first generation of the SEAT Toledo, which was built on the Volkswagen Group A2 platform. This is the same platform as is used in the second generation Volkswagen Golf. The vehicle also has a fuel-efficient, low-emission engine. It has been marketed in European countries such as Ukraine and Russia and in South America.
It was launched in August 2003, as a successor to the Fengyun (Windcloud), and has been exported to more than 30 countries in Southeast Asia, Latin America, and Eastern Europe. In 2010, locally assembled, the car went on sale in Russian market as Vortex Corda and went out in 2012.
It has several safety features, including anti-lock brakes and electronic brakeforce distribution. However, the Russian car magazine Autoreview reported that an A15 it had crashed in accordance with the EuroNCAP test standard performed even worse than the 1-starred Brilliance BS6 sedan and that the dummy used had to be dismantled into pieces in order to be removed. Consequently, Autoreview has called for the car to be withdrawn from the market.
- "Guide to assembly plants in Europe" (PDF). Automotive News Europe. 2007-11-12. Retrieved 2011-10-28.
- Группа компаний Автотор :: История (in Russian). Avtotor. Archived from the original on 2014-01-06. Retrieved 2010-10-05.
- "Official website". Chery International. Archived from the original on 2010-10-20. Retrieved 2010-10-05.
- "Nuevo Chery Corwin basado en el Seat Toledo" (in Spanish). EspacioCoches.com. 14 December 2007. Retrieved 2010-10-05.
- "Vortex Corda Now on Sale in Russia". Wroom.ru. Retrieved 2011-01-12.
- "The World's Cheapest Cars". Business Week. Retrieved 2010-10-05.
- "Краш-тест Chery Amulet по методике EuroNCAP" (in Russian). AutoReview. Retrieved 2011-01-12.
- "Chery Amulet crash test". YouTube. Retrieved 2011-01-12.