December 25, 1958
Manville, New Jersey, U.S.
|Occupation||Voice actress, singer|
Cheryl Chase (born Cheryl Hudock; December 25, 1958, Manville, New Jersey) is an American award winning voice actress and singer. She is best known for voicing Angelica Pickles in the television series Rugrats and its spinoff Rugrats: All Grown Up!.
Chase, then known by her birth name Cheryl Hudock, made her onscreen debut alongside Marie Osmond in the 1982 television movie, Side by Side: The True Story of the Osmond Family. Chase is best known as the voice of Angelica Pickles on Rugrats, All Grown Up! and Angelica and Susie's Pre-School Daze! Chase's character Angelica Pickles placed #7 in TV Guide's "50 Greatest Cartoon Characters of All Time" (August 2002). Her programs on which she has voiced characters include The Smart Talk with Raisin Show (as Raisin), The Ren & Stimpy Show, Noozles (As "Pinky"), Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water (as "Marie" in the English dub), and Random! Cartoons (as "Nurse").
Behind the mic, Chase provided the voice of Mei in the Streamline Pictures dub of the Hayao Miyazaki film My Neighbor Totoro as well as Sachi in the Katsuhiro Otomo film Neo Tokyo done by ADV Films; in the early Harmony Gold English Dragon Ball dub from the 1980s, she voiced Puar (Squeaker). On the big screen Chase provided the baby sounds for Pubert in Addams Family Values, an alien child in Total Recall and voiced Angelica Pickles in The Rugrats Movie, Rugrats in Paris: The Movie, and Rugrats Go Wild!.
- Bonko, Larry. "'VOICE TALENTS' TOILS ANONYMOUSLY", The Virginian-Pilot, July 20, 2001. Accessed March 30, 2012. "Cheryl Chase, a native of Manville, N.J., is probably the biggest TV star you never heard of. For the past 10 years, she's played a leading role on a TV show that's captured three Emmys and has been nominated for a fourth. They gave her show a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame."
- Cheryl Chase at the Internet Movie Database
- Cheryl Chase Official Website
- Cheryl Chase at Behind the voice actors
- Cheryl Chase Official Facebook page
|This article about an American voice actor born in the 1950s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|