Cheryl Wilson is a session singer who has had multiple No. 1 dance songs on the UK Billboard chart and has performed with many notable artists including Celine Dion, R. Kelly, Alice Peacock, Mavis Staples, The Smashing Pumpkins, Bertie Higgins, Michael Bolton, Bill Withers, Peabo Bryson, David Foster, Josh Grobin, Enrique Iglesias, Nick Carter, KMFDM, Cameo, Rod Stewart, Ray Charles, Natalie Cole, Mel Torme, Spike Lee, Tony Bennett, Peter Cetera, and Martha Wash. She has also sung in commercials for companies such as McDonald's and is a member of the Jazz & Contemporary Studies Faculty at Roosevelt University in Chicago. She contributes vocals to Jim Warner's Chicago musical project, Akalibrio. Her performance on the KMFDM song "Power" was described as "soul-mama vamping".
- "Jazz & Contemporary Music Studies Faculty". Roosevelt University. Archived from the original on May 23, 2012. Retrieved July 15, 2012.
- "Album Titles". The American Federation of Musicians and The American Federation of Television and Radio Artists. Archived from the original on February 1, 2013. Retrieved July 14, 2012.
- "Cheryl Wilson Credits". Allmusic. Rovi Corporation. Retrieved July 16, 2012.
- Borrelli, Christopher (October 2, 2009). "Tributosaurus: The future of rock 'n' roll?". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved July 14, 2012.
- "Akalibrio: About". Retrieved November 2, 2014.
- Flick, Larry (May 25, 1996). "Reviews and Previews: Singles". Billboard Magazine. Nielsen Business Media, Inc. p. 84. Retrieved July 17, 2012.
- Fortunato, John (1996). "KMFDM Ready to 'Xtort'". The Aquarian Weekly. Arts Weekly, Inc. Retrieved July 15, 2012.
- Pareles, Jon (August 15, 2011). "The Dude Sings". New York Times. Retrieved July 15, 2012.