|Diseases of the Chest|
Abbreviated title (ISO 4)
|Edited by||Richard S. Irwin|
American College of Chest Physicians (United States)
Chest is a peer-reviewed medical journal covering chest diseases and related issues, including pulmonology, cardiology, thoracic surgery, transplantation, breathing, airway diseases, and emergency medicine. The journal was established in 1935. It is the official journal of the American College of Chest Physicians which publishes the journal. The editor-in-chief is Richard S. Irwin (University of Massachusetts Medical School).
Abstracting and indexing
The journal is abstracted and indexed in:
- Academic OneFile
- Academic Search
- BIOSIS Previews
- CAB Abstracts
- Chemical Abstracts
- Current Contents/Clinical Medicine
- Current Contents/Life Sciences
- Elsevier BIOBASE
- Global Health
- Index Medicus/MEDLINE/PubMed
- Science Citation Index
- Tropical Diseases Bulletin
According to the Journal Citation Reports, the journal has a 2013 impact factor of 7.132, ranking it 2nd out of 27 journals in the category "Critical Care Medicine" and 3rd out of 54 journals in the category "Respiratory Systems.
- "Chest", Ulrichsweb (ProQuest), retrieved 2014-12-15, (subscription required ())
- "Master Journal List". Intellectual Property & Science. Thomson Reuters. Retrieved 2014-12-15.
- "Serials cited". CAB Abstracts. CABI. Retrieved 2014-12-15.
- "CAS Source Index". Chemical Abstracts Service. American Chemical Society. Retrieved 2014-12-15.
- "CINAHL Complete Database Coverage List". CINAHL. EBSCO Information Services. Retrieved 2014-12-15.
- "Chest". NLM Catalog. National Center for Biotechnology Information. Retrieved 2014-12-15.
- "Journals Ranked by Impact: Critical Care Medicine". 2013 Journal Citation Reports. Web of Science (Science ed.). Thomson Reuters. 2014.
- "Journals Ranked by Impact: Respiratory Systems". 2013 Journal Citation Reports. Web of Science (Science ed.). Thomson Reuters. 2014.