This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Chester Aaron (born May 9, 1923) is an American writer.
Early life and education
He was born in Butler, Pennsylvania to Albert and Celia (Charleson) Aaron.
In addition to his writing, he has worked as a steel worker, an X-ray technician, a college professor, and a garlic farmer.
For young adults:
- Better than Laughter, Harcourt (New York, NY), 1972.
- An American Ghost, illustrations by David Lemon, Harcourt (New York, NY), 1973, reprinted Zumaya Publications. 2011.
- Hello to Bodega, Atheneum (New York, NY), 1976.
- Better than Laughter (with Irmela Brender), illustrations by Willi Glasauer, Beltz & Gelberg (Weinheim, Germany), 1976.
- Spill, Atheneum (New York, NY), 1978.
- Catch Calico!, Dutton (New York, NY), 1979.
- Gideon, Lippincott (Philadelphia, PA), 1982.
- Duchess, Lippincott (Philadelphia, PA), 1982.
- Out of Sight, Out of Mind, Lippincott (Philadelphia, PA), 1985.
- Lackawanna, Lippincott (Philadelphia, PA), 1986.
- Alex, Who Won His War, Walker (New York, NY), 1991.
- In A Race Against Time, illustrations by Willi Glasauer, Beltz & Gelberg (Weinheim, Germany), 1991.
- Willa's Poppy, Zumaya Publications, 2005.
- Home to the Sea, Brown Barn Books, 2008.
- The Cowbank, produced at University of California, Berkeley, 1955.
- About Us (autobiographical novel), McGraw (New York, NY), 1967, reprinted, Zumaya Publications. 2012.
- Garlic Is Life: A Memoir with Recipes, Ten Speed Press (Berkeley, CA), 1996.
- The Great Garlic Book, Ten Speed Press (Berkeley, CA), 1997.
- Garlic Kisses, Mostly Garlic Magazine, 2001, reprinted Zumaya Publications, 2004.
- Black and Blue Jew: A Novel, Creative Arts, 2002.
- Whispers, Zumaya Publications, 2004.
- Symptoms of Terminal Passion, El Leon Literary Arts, 2006.
- Murder by Metaphor, Zumaya Publications, 2009.
- 25 Loves, Andrea Young Arts, 2009.
- About Them, El Literary Arts-Manoa Books, 2011.
- "Chester Aaron". Penn State. Retrieved 19 August 2014.
- Contemporary Authors Online. The Gale Group, 2002. PEN (Permanent Entry Number): 0000000011.
|This article about an American writer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|