Chester Hill railway station
Westbound view in November 2007
|Location||Chester Hill Road, Chester Hill|
|Operated by||Sydney Trains|
|Distance||22.31 kilometres from Central|
|Platforms||2 (1 island)|
|Opened||8 October 1924|
To the south of the station lies the Southern Sydney Freight Line that opened in January 2013.
Platforms & services
Historically Chester Hill was served by services from the city and Lidcombe operating to Liverpool. This changed in the early 2000s, when most services to Liverpool were altered to operate via Bankstown. Today Chester Hill is served by T3 Bankstown line services terminating at Liverpool and three Liverpool - City via Strathfield services on weekdays.
|1||services to Central & the City Circle via Lidcombe||2 services on weekdays|
|services to Central & the City Circle via Bankstown|
|2||services to Liverpool||1 service on weekdays|
|services to Liverpool|
Transdev NSW operate four routes via Chester Hill station:
- 911: Bankstown station to Auburn station
- 916: to Guildford station
- M91: Parramatta station to Hurstville
- S4: to Fairfielld
- Chester Hill Station NSWrail.net
- Chester Hill Railway Station Group NSW Environment & Heritage
- "T2: Inner West & South line timetable" (PDF). Sydney Trains. 13 December 2015.
- "T3: Bankstown line timetable" (PDF). Sydney Trains. 20 October 2013 [amended January 2015].
- "Route 911 timetable" (PDF). Transdev NSW. 27 April 2015.
- "Route 916 timetable" (PDF). Transdev NSW. 7 February 2011.
- "Route M91 timetable" (PDF). Transdev NSW. 20 April 2015.
- "Routes 905 and S4 timetable" (PDF). Transdev NSW. 27 April 2015.
- NightRide bus services Archived 15 February 2015 at the Wayback Machine. Transport Info NSW