Chestnut Hill East station
|SEPTA Regional Rail|
The Chestnut Hill East station as seen in October 2012. The station depot, constructed by the Reading Company, is visible on the left.
|Location||102-04 Bethlehem Pike at Chestnut Hill Avenue, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania|
|Platforms||1 side platform, 1 island platform|
Chestnut Hill West Line 2 Blocks West of StationSEPTA City Bus: L
SEPTA Suburban Bus: 94, 134
Chestnut Hill East station is a SEPTA Regional Rail station in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Located at 102–04 Bethlehem Pike at Chestnut Hill Avenue, it serves the Chestnut Hill East Line. The current station building was built in 1931 by the Reading Railroad, as a replacement for an earlier station that existed between 1872 and 1930.
The station is in zone 2 on the Chestnut Hill East Line, on former Reading Railroad tracks, and is 10.8 track miles from Suburban Station. In 2013, this station saw 433 boardings and 479 alightings on an average weekday.  Chestnut Hill East is often confused with Chestnut Hill West, which is a SEPTA station a few minutes away from Chestnut Hill East's location. Boarding statistics, however, show greater usage of this line than of the Chestnut Hill West Line by Chestnut Hill residents.
Prior to rebuilding and electrification circa 1931, the stub terminal had three short passenger car tracks serviced by two platforms, a small engine terminal with a turntable, five-stall roundhouse and water tank, plus a few freight tracks serving storage buildings and a coal and lumber business. 
- Chestnut Hill East station photos (Existing Stations in Philadelphia County, Pennsylvania)
- Original Chestnut Hill Reading Railroad station postcard (Existing Stations in Philadelphia County, Pennsylvania)
- "SEPTA (May 2014). Fiscal Year 2015 Annual Service Plan. p. 61" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2014-08-12. (539 KB)
- Edwin P. Alexander. Model Railroads. New York, N.Y.: W.W. Norton & Co., 1950. Pp. 38, 40-41.
- SEPTA – Chestnut Hill East Station
- 2000 Kevin Leary Photo
- Chestnut Hill East Station (WorldNYCSubway.org)
- Station House from Google Maps Street View
|This Pennsylvania train station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to SEPTA is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|