|Birth name||Chet Daniel Catallo|
|Born||March 11, 1953|
Rochester, New York, U.S.
|Genres||Jazz, jazz fusion, smooth jazz|
|Labels||Amherst, Infinity, MCA|
Chet Catallo (born March 11, 1953) is an American jazz guitarist known for his work as a member of the band Spyro Gyra.
In 1978, Catallo joined the group Spyro Gyra while they were recording the album Morning Dance. This record featured his composition "It Doesn't Matter". With Spyro Gyra he earned six Grammy Award nominations. He composed and performed the songs Loving You (from Catching the Sun) and Cafe Amore (from Carnaval). In 1986 he formed the band Chet Catallo and the Cats, who released the album First Take in 2010.
Catallo plays a Gibson Custom Shop Model Guitar, a Chet Catallo signature Custom 335 Dot Model Series 1958 reissue.
- First Take
With Spyro Gyra
- Spyro Gyra (1978)
- Morning Dance, (MCA, 1979)
- Catching the Sun, (MCA, 1980)
- Carnaval, (MCA, 1980)
- Freetime, (MCA, 1981)
- Incognito, (MCA, 1982)
- City Kids, (MCA, 1983)
- Access All Areas, (MCA 1984)
- ^ Coelho, Victor Anand, ed. (2003). The Cambridge Companion to the Guitar (1 ed.). New York, NY: Cambridge University Press. ISBN 978-0521000406.
- ^ "Spyro Gyra Official site – About Us". Spyrogyra.com. Archived from the original on 2013-12-04. Retrieved 2013-11-15.
- ^ "First Take - Chet Catallo | Releases". AllMusic. Retrieved 2014-07-12.
- ^ "About". Chet Catallo Productions, Inc. Retrieved 10 December 2016.
- 1954 births
- Living people
- Guitarists from New York (state)
- 20th-century American guitarists
- 20th-century American male musicians
- American jazz educators
- American jazz guitarists
- American male guitarists
- American session musicians
- Jazz fusion guitarists
- American male jazz musicians
- Smooth jazz guitarists
- Spyro Gyra members
- MCA Records artists