November 29, 1989 |
Moncton, NB, CAN
|Height||6 ft 2 in (188 cm)|
|Weight||216 lb (98 kg; 15 st 6 lb)|
Oklahoma City Barons
|NHL Draft||18th overall, 2008
Chet Pickard (born November 29, 1989) is a Canadian-German professional ice hockey goaltender. He is currently playing with German club, the Iserlohn Roosters in the Deutsche Eishockey Liga (DEL). He holds a German passport.
Pickard played minor hockey with the Winnipeg Monarchs before joining the major junior ranks with the Tri-City Americans of the Western Hockey League (WHL) in 2005–06. He played backup to Carey Price in his first two seasons, then took over the starting position in 2007–08 as Price graduated to the Montreal Canadiens. Pickard won 46 games, was named CHL Goaltender of the Week on December 9, 2008., and posted a 2.32 goals against average (GAA) and .920 save percentage, en route to succeeding Price as CHL Goaltender of the Year. He was additionally awarded the Del Wilson Trophy as the top WHL goaltender and was named to the WHL West and CHL First All-Star Teams.
In the off-season, he was drafted by the Nashville Predators in the first round, 18th overall, in the 2008 NHL Entry Draft. In 2008–09, he recorded a 2.28 GAA and .921 save percentage, while helping lead the Americans to their second straight U.S. Division title. He was nominated for his second Del Wilson Trophy opposite Braden Holtby of the Saskatoon Blades and named to the WHL West First All-Star Team.
Pickard played most of the 2010-11 season with the Cincinnati Cyclones and Milwaukee Admirals of the AHL.During the 2011 Stanley Cup playoffs he was called up to the Nashville Predators before their 2nd round series with the Vancouver Canucks; however, he did not get into a game.
In the 2012–13 season, Pickard signed his first contract abroad in agreeing to a one-year deal with Swedish HockeyAllsvenskan side, Djurgårdens IF. In 45 games, Pickard earned a professional high 25 wins to help Djurgårdens advance to the Kvalserien playoffs.
Pickard returned to North America in the off-season and agreed to a try-out at the San Antonio Rampage training camp for the 2013–14 season. He was later released by the Rampage before on November 8, 2013, he was signed to an AHL deal with the Oklahoma City Barons and then loaned to the Bakersfield Condors of the ECHL.
On June 10, 2014, Pickard returned for another stint in Europe, signing a one-year contract to be the starting goaltender with Danish club, the Odense Bulldogs of the Metal Ligaen. At the starting goaltender with the Bulldogs, Pickard enjoyed a successful season in appearing in 36 games.
Chet is married to Meghan Corbett. They are expecting their first child in October 2016.
|World Junior Championships|
Playing in his fourth junior season, Pickard was selected by Team Canada for the 2009 World Junior Championships. He played in two games as backup to Dustin Tokarski of the Spokane Chiefs, helping Canada to their fifth straight gold medal.
Regular season and playoffs
|2013–14||Oklahoma City Barons||AHL||6||1||2||0||202||18||0||5.34||.854||—||—||—||—||—||—||—||—|
Awards and honours
|West First All-Star Team||2008, 2009|
|Del Wilson Trophy||2008, 2009|
|CHL First All-Star Team||2008|
|CHL Goaltender of the Year||2008|
- "Chet Pickard". "Iserlohn Roosters". 2016-02-02. Retrieved 2016-02-02.
- "A look at the 2008-09 WHL Award Finalists". Western Hockey League. Archived from the original on March 29, 2009. Retrieved 2009-03-26.
- "Rampage announce training camp roster". 2013-09-20. Retrieved 2013-09-20.
- "Barons sign Chet Pickard to AHL contract". Oklahoma City Barons. 2013-11-11. Retrieved 2013-11-11.
- "Strong keeper gets sentence" (in Danish). Odense Bulldogs. 2014-06-10. Retrieved 2014-06-10.
- "Decision made on backup Goaltender" (in German). Iserlohn Roosters. 2015-05-22. Retrieved 2015-05-22.
- "San Antonio Rampage's Roster". San Antonio Rampage. Retrieved 2013-11-11.
- "2009 IIHF World Junior Championship Roster". Hockey Canada. Retrieved 2008-12-15.
- Chet Pickard's career statistics at EliteProspects.com
- Chet Pickard's player profile at NHL.com
- Chet Pickard's career statistics at The Internet Hockey Database
|Awards and achievements|
|Nashville Predators first round draft pick
|Winner of the WHL Del Wilson Trophy