This article does not cite any sources. (May 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Telephone code||91 4181|
|Sex ratio||1:1 ♂/♀|
Chetput has a population of 94,387, consisting of 47,272 males and 47,115 females, with 10.83% of the population being under the age of 6 years. The town has a literacy rate of about 69%, which is 10% higher than the national average; male literacy is 77% and female literacy is 61%.
From 2015 Chetput became a Taluka under Tiruvannamalai District, Tamil Nadu.
Chetput is a Selection Grade Town Panchayat, a small town under 20,000 or 25,000 inhabitants,[contradictory] in the district of Tiruvannamalai in the state of Tamil Nadu, India. Its neighboring towns are Vandavasi (east), Polur (west), Gingee (south), Tiruvannamalai (southwest) and Arani (north). More than 80% of its inhabitants are farmers, and the primary source of income is agriculture.
The town's main crops are groundnut, paddy and sugarcane. Chetput is a fast developing town, ranking with panchayats of Pazhampet and Kannanur. Animal husbandry provides subsidiary income to farmers in the region. A veterinary dispensary established in 1963 provides services to the farmers.
Digital and Decoration
- Sri Santha Vidyalaya Matric hr sec school,Gangasudamani.
- Government Higher Secondary School
- Dhivya Matriculation Higher Secondary School
- Dhivya High School
- St. Dominic Savio Higher Secondary School
- St. Anne Higher Secondary School
- Danie Matriculation High School
- Panchayat Union Primary School
- Suraj Matriculation School
- Ansaldo Matriculation High School, Maruthuvambadi
- S.K International School
- Bharat Sevak Samaj Computer College
- Digitech Computer Centre
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Chetpet.|