|Motto||The Golden Mean|
|Location||Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Chettinad Vidyashram is a private school which was founded by the Kumara Rani of Chettinad Meena Muthiah in 1986. She is affectionately called "Meena Aunty" by her students. The school is located in the R. A. Puram area in the city of Chennai, India. The principal is Amudha Lakshmi. The school is one of the biggest schools in Chennai, with about 800 faculty members and around ten thousand students. Chettinad students are also called "CV'ians".
The school enrolls children from kindergarten to high school. It is affiliated to the Central Board of Secondary Education, India. The medium of instruction is English. The other languages taught are Hindi, Tamil, Sanskrit, French and German. It was named the Best School in Chennai by The Times of India in February 2014.
In 1986, Kumara Rani Meena Muthiah, founded the school with a motivation "to start an educational centre, combining the virtues of a Temple of Art and Culture - a dedicated school that blends discipline with freedom, endeavoring to raise the integrated child".
The school has five science laboratories, one biotechnology laboratory, two mathematics laboratories, two language laboratories and two audio-visual theatres with multi-media projection systems. Chettinad Vidyashram has Biotechnology as a specialization for class XI & XII students.
- a sports day in September,
- an inter-school cultural meet (Maithri) or Science fair (Trishna) in October/November/December,
- the Annual Day in February,
- students of Classes IX and XI host a farewell party for the outgoing students in February.
- a reunion party for alumni, on the last Sunday of June.
- The school annual magazine is called "Vision".
- The school has a library
- There is a 5-lane swimming pool.
- The students perform Sanskrit and Tamil plays.
- The school has a NCC and Girl Guides wing.
||This article's list of alumni may not follow Wikipedia's verifiability or notability policies. (July 2012)|
- Ram Pothineni, actor
- G. V. Prakash, composer
- Saindhavi, singer
- Aishwarya R. Dhanush, Director
- Dinesh Karthik, cricketer
- Rana Daggubati, actor
- Minisha Lamba, actor
- Kesava Kripa Dinakaran - Guinness world record holder for the "Most Puzzle cubes solved in an hour".