|Year first constructed||1986|
|Tower shape||cylindrical tower with double balcony and lantern|
|Markings / pattern||white and red horizontal bands|
|Tower height||30 metres (98 ft)|
|Focal height||33.8 metres (111 ft)|
|Light source||500 W Halogen Lamp (220/250 V AC)|
|Range||19 nautical miles (35 km; 22 mi)|
|Characteristic||Fl (2) W 20s.|
The Chetwai Lighthouse is situated at Chettuva near Guruvayur in Thrissur District of Kerala. It was inaugurated on 29 September 1986. The tower is a 30-meter tall concrete structure. There did not exist any lighthouse earlier to the present one at this place. The light source was changed on 30 April 2003.
- Chetwai Lighthouse Archived 16 March 2016 at the Wayback Machine Directorate General of Lighthouses and Lightships
- Rowlett, Russ. "Lighthouses of India: Kerala and Karnataka". The Lighthouse Directory. University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Retrieved 7 February 2016.
- "Indian Lighthouses: An Overview" (PDF). DGLL. Archived (PDF) from the original on 18 December 2014. Retrieved 21 September 2014.
- "Lighthouses in Kerala". Archived from the original on 19 March 2015. Retrieved 21 September 2014.
- Chetwai Lighthouse in Lighthouse Digest's Lighthouse Explorer Database
- Directorate General of Lighthouses and Lightships
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Chettuva lighthouse.|
|This lighthouse-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an Indian building or structure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|