Wuling Hong Guang
|Wuling Hong Guang|
Wuling Hong Guang April 2012 in Anting, Shanghai municipality, China
|Also called||Chevrolet Enjoy (India)
Wuling Confero S (Indonesia)
|Assembly||Liuzhou, Guangxi, China (SAIC-GM-Wuling)
Halol, Gujarat, India (GM India)
Bekasi, West Java, Indonesia (SAIC-GM-Wuling Motor Indonesia)
|Body and chassis|
|Body style||5-door wagon|
|Layout||Longitudinal front-engine, rear-wheel drive|
|Wheelbase||2,720 mm (107.1 in)|
|Height||1,750 mm (68.9 in)|
|Curb weight||1,130–1,260 kg (2,491–2,778 lb)|
|Predecessor||Chevrolet Spin (Indonesia)|
Wuling Hong Guang is a compact Multi-Purpose Vehicle (MPV) produced since September 2010 by SAIC-GM-Wuling, the joint venture of Shanghai Automotive Industry Corporation, Liuzhou Wuling Motors Co and GM China. It is also marketed since 2013 as Chevrolet Enjoy in India by GM India. It is also marketed in Indonesia by SAIC-GM-Wuling Motor Indonesia since 2017 as Wuling Confero S and was launched there to the public on 2 August 2017.
Not to be confused with the Wuling Rongguang, whose English name looks similar.
In August 2013, Wuling launched the Wuling Hong Guang S, presenting them not in centers like Shanghai or Beijing, but in the two second-tier cities Harbin in the North-East and Kunming in the South-Western province of Yunnan.
It was reported that the Hong Guang was the best selling vehicle in China during the first four months of 2014.
- Chevrolet Spin, another MPV by General Motors with similar dimensions and target markets
- Maruti Suzuki Ertiga, main competitor for the Chevrolet Enjoy in India
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Wuling Hong Guang.|
- "Wuling Hongguang - 五菱英文版". sgmw.com.cn. 2013. Retrieved 29 September 2013.
- "GM India Launches Chevrolet Enjoy Premium MPV". media.gm.com. GM India. 2013. Retrieved 29 September 2013.
- Girish Karkera (April 2013). "BBC TopGear Magazine India Car-Reviews - Review: Chevrolet Enjoy". topgear.com. Retrieved 29 September 2013.
- "速，手动 Wuling Hongguang Specifications" (PDF). media.gm.com (in Chinese and English). SAIC-GM-Wuling. 8 May 2011. Retrieved 29 September 2013.
- "SAIC-GM-Wuling Introduces Wuling Hong Guang". media.gm.com (Press release). 2010-09-14. Retrieved 8 October 2013.
- GM Media India (2013-05-09). "GM India Launches Chevrolet Enjoy Premium MPV". media.gm.com. Retrieved 29 September 2013.
- Wuling media (2013-05-13). "五菱宏光"变脸"雪佛兰Enjoy在印度上市 - 上汽通用五菱" (Press release) (in Chinese). Wuling. Retrieved 29 September 2013.
- Katana, Satria. "Wuling Confero S, MPV Wuling Pertama di Indonesia". autonetmagz.com. Retrieved 2017-05-29.
- Arif, Hariawan. "Wuling Hong Guang Kini Bernama Confero S. Apa Artinya?". Oto Driver (in Indonesian). Retrieved 2017-05-29.
- Media, Kompas Cyber. "Wuling Confero, "MPV Sejuta Umat" dari China - Kompas.com". KOMPAS.com. Retrieved 2017-05-29.
- "SAIC-GM-Wuling Launches Wuling Hong Guang S MPV". media.gm.com (Press release). 2013-08-06. Retrieved 8 October 2013.
- Webb, Alysha (2013-08-14). "GM China aims for world dominance of minivan market with new Wuling model". chinaev.wordpress.com ("Alysha Webb's ChinaEV Blog"). Retrieved 8 October 2013.
The little seven-seater is squarely aimed at China’s burgeoning class of private businessmen who need a car they can use for the family and for business. Or as the Chinese press release says (they are always more fun than the English-language ones), change “help business, help family” to “help family, help business.”
- https://www.wsj.com/articles/minivan-sales-jump-in-china-1402402196 Chinese Warm Up to Minivans
- PTI (May 11, 2013). "Chevrolet Enjoy hits Indian roads; price starts at Rs 5.49L". zeenews.india.com. Retrieved 29 September 2013.