|Manufacturer||Chevrolet (General Motors)|
|Assembly||Kunsan, South Korea (GM Korea)
Hanoi, Vietnam (GM Vietnam)
Kaliningrad, Russia (Avtotor, until 2015)
Valencia, Venezuela (GM Venezolana)
Pitnak, Uzbekistan (GM Uzbekistan)
|Body and chassis|
|Class||Compact MPV/Compact SUV|
|Body style||4-door minivan/SUV|
|Layout||Transverse Front engine, front-wheel drive / all-wheel drive|
|Platform||GM Delta II platform|
|Related||Opel Astra (J)
Opel Zafira (C)
Buick Excelle XT
|Engine||1.6L CDTI Ecotec I4 diesel
1.8L Ecotec I4 petrol
2.0L VCDi Family Z I4 diesel
2.4 L Ecotec I4 petrol
|Wheelbase||2,760 mm (108.7 in)|
|Length||4,652 mm (183.1 in)|
|Width||1,836 mm (72.3 in)|
|Height||1,633 mm (64.3 in)|
|Curb weight||1,655 kg|
Chevrolet HHR (Canada)
Chevrolet Orlando Concept (2008)
It is a 5-door, 7-seat concept vehicle based on Chevrolet Cruze sedan. It included a two-tier grille, headlamps that flow into the front fenders and muscular fender forms that wrap around the wheels, 2.0L 4-cylinder turbo-diesel engine rated 150 PS (110 kW; 148 hp) and 320 N·m (236 lb·ft).
In August 2009, at its extended product review, GM previewed the production-spec Orlando and confirmed its production.
GM originally intended that the Orlando would go into production in the United States, however, in May 2010, GM reversed their decision. The Chevrolet Orlando sold in Canada starting in 2011 for the 2012 model year. This crossover is now being produced at the Kunsan Assembly Plant in South Korea. Orlando has been sold also in Europe since 2011.
European model was in sale from 2011 to 2014 when most of Chevrolet's vehicles, except muscle and sports cars were permanently withdrawn from the European market, except Russia and CIS member nations. Later in 2015 Chevrolet Orlando discontinued the Russian market.
Model discontinued for the 2015 model year in Canada. Per GM Canada Customer Service, when asked about the global status of the Chevrolet Orlando: "Thank you for your patience while we investigated your inquiry about the Chevrolet Orlando. We are certain you can appreciate that, in a business such as the automotive industry, changing market conditions, economy, and customer vehicle requirements are all factors taken into consideration and will often influence business decision. I am sorry to say at this time General Motors has discontinued the Chevrolet Orlando. Your expression of confidence is gratefully received, and we appreciate your comments concerning the Chevrolet Orlando."
Diesel engine for Korean market has been updated in 2015 to meet the government's Euro 6 requirement. All diesel Chevrolet Orlando sold in Korea is equipped with 1.6 liter inline-four CDTi engine outsourced from Opel.
|LUJ||1.4 L (1,364 cc) Ecotec I4 (t/c)||103 kW (138 hp)||200 N·m (148 lb·ft)||
|2H0||1.8 L (1,796 cc) Ecotec I4||141 PS (104 kW; 139 hp)@6200||176 N·m (130 lb·ft)@3800|
|LAF||2.4 L (2,384 cc) DI Ecotec LAF I4||174 hp (130 kW; 176 PS)@6700||171 lb·ft (232 N·m)@4900|
|Liquefied petroleum gas engines|
|LBN||2.0 L (1,998 cc) I4||140 PS (103 kW; 138 hp)@6000||18.8 kg·m (184 N·m)@4600||
|?||2.0 L (1,998 cc) VCDi Family Z I4 turbo||130 PS (96 kW; 128 hp)@3800||315 N·m (232 lb·ft)@2000||
|Z20D1||2.0 L (1,998 cc) VCDi Family Z I4 turbo||163 PS (120 kW; 161 hp)@3800||360 N·m (266 lb·ft)@1750–2750|
Canadian models include 2.4L direct injection petrol four-cylinder engine. European models include 1.8L petrol, 2.0L diesel engines. South Korean models include 2.0L LPG and 2.0L (163PS) diesel engines before update to 1.6L Opel diesel in 2015.
|Euro NCAP test results|
|Chevrolet Orlando (2011)|
- "Chevrolet Orlando - gift for the whole family".
- Detroit 2009: Chevy Orlando Concept comes stateside, production version due in 2011
- Mark Elias. "On the scene: Some details from GM's product preview". Left Lane News. Retrieved 15 August 2010.
- "2011 Chevy Orlando: Small SUV, Big on Space". U.S. News & World Report. 14 January 2009. Retrieved 15 August 2010.
- "No Chevrolet Orlando for U.S., says General Motors". Nitrobahn. 1 May 2010. Retrieved 15 August 2010.
- "Chevrolet brings fun and functional European MPV to Canada with all-new Orlando". Retrieved 29 May 2011.
- Buick LaCrosse rebranded as Daewoo Alpheon in South Korea
- Chevrolet Orlando production version unveiled ahead of Paris
- Chevy filling its NAIAS stand with 5 models not sold in US
- Chevrolet Orlando
- 2012 Chevrolet Orlando (Canada) SPECIFICATIONS
- "Euro NCAP results for Chevrolet Orlando" (PDF). euroncap.com. 2011.
- Life-size Play-Doh Chevrolet Orlando appears on London streets
- Toy Racer: Life-size Play-Doh car sticks to road
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Chevrolet Orlando.|
- Chevrolet Orlando Web Site (Korean)
- Chevrolet Media Site (Europe)
- Press kit: Chevrolet Orlando Europe, UK
- Chevrolet Orlando Technical Specification Data (2010–2011 Europe)