Chevron Renaissance Shopping Centre
|Chevron Renaissance Shopping Centre|
|Type||Retail Centre, including Commercial and Apartment Towers|
|Address||3240 Surfers Paradise Blvd
Surfers Paradise,Gold Coast Queensland 4217
|Current tenants||Anchor Tenants: Coles Supermarket, Liquorland X 2|
|Floor area||13,127 m2|
The Chevron Renaissance Shopping Centre is a retail complex located in Surfers Paradise, on the Gold Coast of Queensland, Australia. It is part of the Chevron Renaissance development that also includes the Towers of Chevron Renaissance apartments and hotel.
The current site once accommodated the Chevron Hotel, which was a Gold Coast landmark. The new development was named Chevron Renaissance, as it is widely considered to be a catalyst in the revitalising of the Surfers Paradise tourist district and was completed in October 2000. The original hotel housed the Skyline Lounge (opened August, 1957), which was a popular landmark bar and nightclub where many local and international acts would perform. The lounge was the launching pad for many great Australian performers such as Johnny O'Keefe, Ricky May and Colleen Hewett.
In 2014, the Chevron Renaissance Shopping Centre underwent a $5 million upgrade. This included the creation of 'Chevron Lane'; a Melbourne styled laneway filled with eclectic street food operators such as Viet Baguettes and Harmoni-T. The laneway features exposed brickwork, corrugated roller doors, street art and festoon lighting. An open air piazza was also upgraded to include a shade sail structure, rustic wood features, garden beds and a water fountain was transformed into a food and beverage area.
- Cranston, Matthew (28 May 2015). "Morgan Stanley's Arena makes final $74 million Gold Coast property sale". Australian Financial Review.
- Potts, Andrew (6 December 2013). "Take a look back at some of the Gold Coast's most iconic hotels and motels". The Gold Coast Bulletin.
- McRobbie, Alexander (1984). The Fabulous Gold Coast. Surfers Paradise, Qld: Pan News.
- "Sleek Tower Marks Start of Surfers Renaissance". The Courier Mail. 5 May 2001. p. 3.
- "Surfers Renaissance". The Courier Mail. 17 November 2001. p. 11.
- "Funky Laneway Feel for Chevron Revamp". The Gold Coast Bulletin. 3 October 2014. p. 60.
- Cranston, Matthew (16 December 2014). "Precision Group mulls deal for Arena's Chevron Renaissance shopping centre". The Australian Financial Review.
- Cranston, Matthew (27 February 2015). "Bank of China backs Gold Coast centre: Apple a likely tenant". The Australian Financial Review.