Chew Men Leong
|Chew Men Leong|
Chew (holding knife) at a cake cutting ceremony in Singapore on 13 May 2009 with Cmdr. Chuck Good of the US Navy.
|Service/||Singapore Armed Forces|
|Years of service||1985–2011|
|Other work||see #Post-military career|
|Chew Men Leong|
Chew received his pre-university education in Raffles Junior College and graduated in 1985. He was awarded the Singapore Armed Forces Overseas Scholarship in 1987. He graduated with a bachelor's degree (first class honours) in electrical and electronic engineering from Imperial College London in 1990. He was awarded the Singapore Armed Forces Postgraduate Scholarship in 2001 and went on to obtain a Master of Science in management from Stanford University in 2002.
Chew enlisted in the Singapore Armed Forces (SAF) in 1985. Throughout his military career, he held various appointments, including: Executive Officer, RSS Sea Lion (1992–1994); Commanding Officer, RSS Vigour (1998–2000); Commanding Officer, 188 Squadron (2000); Commander, 1st Flotilla (2001); Head, Joint Plans and Transformation Department (2002–2004); Fleet Commander (2004–2005); Head, Naval Operations Department (2006); Chief of Staff, Naval Staff (2006–2007).
After retiring from the military, Chew became the Chief Executive Officer of the Public Utilities Board (PUB), Singapore's national water agency on 8 December 2011 to 30 September 2014. Subsequently, he was appointed as Chief Executive of the Land Transport Authority from 1 October 2014 to 11 November 2016 until his resignation from the public service. He also sits on the board of Jurong Port Pte Ltd and is also a member of the Singapore Quality Award Governing Council.
- Public Administration Medal (Military) (Gold), in 2008.
- Officer, Legion of Honour, in 2011.
- "13 Prize-Giving Ceremony 26 April 2011". 4th Issue, One - The Raffles Institution Alumni Magazine. Raffles Institution. Retrieved 5 December 2013.
- "Chew Men Leong" (PDF). Singapore International Water Week 1–5 June 2014. Retrieved 5 December 2013.
- "Rear-Admiral Chew Men Leong, Officer of the Legion of Honour". Embassy of France in Singapore. 30 March 2011. Retrieved 8 June 2011.
- "Chew Men Leong" (PDF). PUB. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2 February 2014. Retrieved 5 December 2013.
- "New Navy Chief to take over in March". AsiaOne News. 22 February 2011. Retrieved 5 December 2013.
- "Commissioner of Police Ng Joo Hee to be appointed PUB chief executive". Ministry of Transport. 15 October 2014. Retrieved 13 November 2016.
- "Appointment of New Chief Executive at the Land Transport Authority". Ministry of Transport. 26 September 2016. Retrieved 13 November 2016.
- Wong, Sher Maine (24 July 2013). "We Have To Build Trust In The Team". challenge.gov.sg. Retrieved 5 December 2013.
Rear-Admiral Ronnie Tay
| Chief of the Republic of Singapore Navy
31 Aug 2007 - 29 March 2011
Rear-Admiral Ng Chee Peng
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Chew Men Leong.|