||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (September 2007) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Cheyenne Kimball performing aboard the USS Abraham Lincoln (CVN 72) in 2010
|Birth name||Cheyenne Nichole Kimball|
|Born||July 27, 1990|
|Genres||Pop rock, acoustic, country|
|Instruments||Guitar, vocals, mandolin|
Emblem/New Revolution/Warner Bros. (in Gloriana)
Cheyenne Nichole Kimball (born July 27, 1990) is an American singer-songwriter, guitarist, and mandolinist. Her debut album, The Day Has Come was released in July 2006 coinciding with an MTV reality series following her entry into the music industry. This album produced a chart single on the Billboard Hot 100 in "Hanging On." From 2008 to 2011, she was a member of the country music band Gloriana, which made its chart debut in 2009.
Kimball was signed to Epic Records. She appeared on and won the TV show America's Most Talented Kid at the age of twelve. She released her Epic Records debut album, The Day Has Come, on July 11, 2006, with her first single and video, "Hanging On", sent to Top 40 mainstream radio and video outlets (VH1 and MTV) in early April 2006. She began her first cross-country tour on April 17 to promote her single and album.
To further promote her music, she has an MTV television show called "Cheyenne", which premiered May 31, 2006 at 10:30 PM EST in the United States. The show later premiered on June 21, 2006 in Canada. She also appeared on the Aquamarine movie soundtrack with the song One Original Thing, the song was released as a single in October 2006. She has released the iTunes exclusive single "Drift Away". On December 5, 2006 Cheyenne's reality show DVD was released. Cheyenne's song "Four Walls" was released as a single in January. Cheyenne performed in the 2006 Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade singing "Four Walls", and live at the Pro Bowl on February 10, 2007.
In 2008, Kimball put her solo career on hold. She joined the country music band Gloriana, in which she sang and played mandolin. The band made its chart debut in 2009 with the single "Wild at Heart", a Top 20 country hit and released their self-title debut album in August 2009. The band served as one of the opening acts for Taylor Swift's Fearless Tour in 2009 along with Kellie Pickler. Gloriana also appeared in the 2010 Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade on November 25, 2010. After continued success including two more Top 40 country singles, Gloriana began work on their second studio album in 2011. The band released the first single from the album called "Wanna Take You Home". This would be the last Gloriana single to feature Kimball's vocals. Reports surfaced stating that Cheyenne did not return to the band's bus after a show in Missouri on July 8, 2011 and was not present at the band's concert the next day.
On July 11, 2011, it was announced on Gloriana's official website that Kimball had left the band. She announced her departure on Gloriana's official Twitter page on July 9, 2011. However, her tweet was later deleted. The reasons surrounding Kimball's departure from Gloriana still remain unknown.
|The Day Has Come||15||28||
|US||US Pop||VEN Pop Rock|
|2006||"Hanging On"||53||29||8||The Day Has Come|
|"One Original Thing"||—||—||—|
Cheyenne's MTV show
- "Meet Cheyenne" (First broadcast on May 31, 2006)
- "Manifest Destiny" (First broadcast on June 7, 2006)
- "You'll Never Guess Where I'm Texting You From" (First broadcast on June 14, 2006)
- "Wish You Were Here" (First broadcast on June 21, 2006)
- "Almost Vacation" (First broadcast on June 28, 2006)
- "Almost Famous" (First broadcast on July 5, 2006)
- "Dress Away" (First broadcast on July 12, 2006)
- "The End Is the Beginning" (First broadcast on July 19, 2006)
- Cheyenne's Reality show DVD was released on December 5, 2006
- "Gloriana official website". Retrieved 2008-11-28.
- "Gloriana’s Cheyenne Kimball Exits Band". Country Weekly. Retrieved July 11, 2011.
- "Gloriana 'More Focused' With Cheyenne Kimball Gone". Billboard. Retrieved 2015-12-14.
- "Cheyenne Kimball Album & Song Chart History - Billboard 200". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved February 2, 2011.
- "CANOE -- JAM! Music SoundScan Charts - August 20, 2006". CANOE -- JAM!. August 20, 2006. Archived from the original on August 20, 2006. Retrieved February 2, 2011.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Cheyenne Kimball.|